Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
6.2.2 Update?

There is some talk of this update on xda developers forum for the KF. I'm unsure what the update is so I'll just link to the KF General Forum there so you can take a look at some of the posts about this which really didn't describe what it features.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1307
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
There is some talk of this update on xda developers forum for the KF. I'm unsure what the update is so I'll just link to the KF General Forum there so you can take a look at some of the posts about this which really didn't describe what it features.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1307
I await the more info. Looks like I will be charging my Fire tonight.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
There's a new button in the bar at the bottom for making videos full screen.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
There's a new button in the bar at the bottom for making videos full screen.
How big is the update? It seems my Kindle no longer auto updates. I had to install the last update manually.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-17-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
How big is the update? It seems my Kindle no longer auto updates. I had to install the last update manually.
I don't know. I'm reading about it second hand. It's not being rolled out to everyone yet.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Leave WiFi ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Leave WiFi on permanently until you get the firmware update. Amazon rolls it out at random times and you cannot predict when they will try your unit.

If your unit's WiFi is off, it could be weeks until they try your unit again.

If you are forced for some other reason to keep WiFi off, you can download it from here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle-fire...1E_3205220.bin

I'm just awaiting the Amazon push. Hopefully it will come tonight.

Edit: Amazing, while I was posting this I noticed that I just got upgraded earlier today and never noticed it. My Device screen now shows Current Version 6.2.2. Check your device screen. You may already have it.

The only difference I noticed is that, if one taps Video on the Home Menu bar, one can see Prime Instant Video for Amazon Prime Members (I have that option). Videos with charges are listed below in various shelves each with it own shelf price. It may have been there before but I never noticed it. If one clicks "View All," one gets a screen showing all Prime Videos (free for Prime Members) with a lot of categories available.

The Prime Videos are divided into:

Popular Movies, Recently Added, Editor's Picks and under each category: Action and Adventure, Comedy, Documentary, Drama, Foreign Films, Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

I also noticed, if one taps Books, one gets to a screen with Store as an option. Tap that and one gets a screen I also never noticed showing: Recommended for you, Top 100 paid and the following categories: Books, Kindle Singles, Kindle Newstand, Editors Picks, 100 Kindle books for $ 3.99 or less, Kindle Owner's Lending Library, NY Times Best Sellers, Children's Picture Books and Comic Books.

If one taps Newsstand and then Store, one gets: Exclusive 90 Day Free Trial, Featured Magazines, Featured Newspapers, Fashion and Entertainment AND Interactive Magaizne. I never saw that before.

Last edited by sirmaru; 01-17-2012 at 06:48 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
So noone knows what's in this update?
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

I installed it but I don't see anything new. I went through all the settings and didn't see anything new. Opened a book, a document, two videos, but nothing new. It might be just performance enhancements are small hard to see changes. I'm underwhelmed again and still miffed that Amazon never publishes update info.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Oops, just noticed the button in the bottom right bar of Silk that makes the page display full screen. So there is one noticeable change! This is a very welcomed improvement!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #10
betctru
Kindle, Palm & iPod user
betctru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post

The only difference I noticed is that, if one taps Video on the Home Menu bar, one can see Prime Instant Video for Amazon Prime Members (I have that option). Videos with charges are listed below in various shelves each with it own shelf price. It may have been there before but I never noticed it. If one clicks "View All," one gets a screen showing all Prime Videos (free for Prime Members) with a lot of categories available.

Popular Movies, Recently Added, Editor's Picks and under each category: Action and Adventure, Comedy, Documentary, Drama, Foreign Films, Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

I also noticed, if one taps Books, one gets to a screen with Store as an option. Tap that and on gets a screen I also never noticed showing: Recommended for you, Top 100 paid and the following categories: Books, Kindle Singles, Kindle Newstand, Editors Picks, 100 Kindle books for $ 3.99 or less, Kindle Owner's Lending Library, NY Times Best Sellers, Children's Picture Books and Comic Books.
I haven't been updated and have the Prime Instant Video banner with the rental movies below, so that's not new...and I also have the Recommended for you in the store...

Betsy
betctru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I don't notice any new after installing.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #12
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Oops, just noticed the button in the bottom right bar of Silk that makes the page display full screen. So there is one noticeable change! This is a very welcomed improvement!
Oh that's a nice improvement! Mine hasn't updated yet, I'm going to leave wi-fi on.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
There are complaints in this thread that Flash no longer works. I can't really believe that's true.

Also, Amazon must have updated the download link. Here's the current link.

Last edited by carld; 01-17-2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Sorry, meant can't not can
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
There are complaints in this thread that Flash no longer works. I can really believe that's true.

Also, Amazon must have updated the download link. Here's the current link.
Not cool.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #15
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Leave WiFi on permanently until you get the firmware update. Amazon rolls it out at random times and you cannot predict when they will try your unit.

If your unit's WiFi is off, it could be weeks until they try your unit again.

If you are forced for some other reason to keep WiFi off, you can download it from here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle-fire...1E_3205220.bin

I'm just awaiting the Amazon push. Hopefully it will come tonight.

Edit: Amazing, while I was posting this I noticed that I just got upgraded earlier today and never noticed it. My Device screen now shows Current Version 6.2.2. Check your device screen. You may already have it.

I also noticed, if one taps Books, one gets to a screen with Store as an option. Tap that and one gets a screen I also never noticed showing: Recommended for you, Top 100 paid and the following categories: Books, Kindle Singles, Kindle Newstand, Editors Picks, 100 Kindle books for $ 3.99 or less, Kindle Owner's Lending Library, NY Times Best Sellers, Children's Picture Books and Comic Books.

If one taps Newsstand and then Store, one gets: Exclusive 90 Day Free Trial, Featured Magazines, Featured Newspapers, Fashion and Entertainment AND Interactive Magaizne. I never saw that before.
That's always been there. Not sure about the newsstand.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote