Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-08-2017, 05:21 PM   #1
LUanne
Enthusiast
LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab
Calibre to Aldiko

Up until the Version 3 update, I was able to get books from my Calibre Library into the Aldiko reader app without a problem using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Now that unfortunately I updated Calibre to the new version, books won't download to the reader app. My Calibre Library shows up, I can click on read and that seems fine, but when I click on download the button highlights, but the book doesn't download. What can I do so I can get my books into Aldiko. I've tried getting the old version of Calibre back on my computer, but that doesn't work either.
LUanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:11 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@LUanne - on Windows at least, before you install an older version you need to uninstall the current version via the control panel, you won't lose your libraries or configuration - but a backup never hurts, see How do I backup calibre?

Sorry, I can't with your Alkdiko issue, the name is as much as I know

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2017, 12:25 AM   #3
LUanne
Enthusiast
LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LUanne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I figured it out. Not easy or obvious, but when you click enough buttons, you finally hit one that does the job.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:52 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUanne View Post
I figured it out. Not easy or obvious, but when you click enough buttons, you finally hit one that does the job.
That's the only way to do anything
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:49 AM   #5
LUanne
Enthusiast

Here we are a month and a half later and same problem. This time I clicked every button possible, and the books won't download into Aldiko.
Advert
Old 08-31-2017, 10:31 AM   #6
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Here we are a month and a half later and same problem. This time I clicked every button possible, and the books won't download into Aldiko.
Need more information.
  1. What OS is your PC using?
  2. How are you trying to transfer books--i.e. using send to device or content server.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:47 AM   #7
LUanne
Enthusiast

My PC is running Windows 8.1. I assume content server like I've been doing for years wirelessly to my 2 tablets. My library comes up on my android tablets, but when I click on download, nothing happens. This happened in July after a Calibre update, then after the next update, everything was fine. Now with the latest update, it's happening again.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:32 AM   #8
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
My PC is running Windows 8.1. I assume content server like I've been doing for years wirelessly to my 2 tablets. My library comes up on my android tablets, but when I click on download, nothing happens. This happened in July after a Calibre update, then after the next update, everything was fine. Now with the latest update, it's happening again.
You most likely need to use the content server's mobile interface.

On you tablet in Aldiko enter:
Code:
http://youripaddress:port#/mobile
example:
Code:
http://http://127.0.0.1:8080/mobile

EDIT EDIT

I installed aldiko on my test android tablet, it did not work until adding /mobile to the url.

bernie

Last edited by gbm; 09-01-2017 at 09:50 PM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:21 AM   #9
LUanne
Enthusiast

GBM, thank you so much. I added the /mobile to my catalog in Aldiko and I was able to download my books from Calibre. I never would have figured that one out. I even wrote to Aldiko and they don't bother to answer.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:32 PM   #10
LUanne
Enthusiast

Calibre to Aldiko

Here it is 9 1/2 years later and the same problem. Books won't download to any of my devices. I keep getting unknown title, then download incomplete. Of course it worked up until the last Calibre update. Does anybody have any ideas?

Oops!!! 3 years later (I was looking at my join date) and again the same problem.

Last edited by LUanne; 10-14-2020 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:35 PM   #11
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Here it is 9 1/2 years later and the same problem.
Greetings! How are things in 2027?
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote