Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
Raphael
Raphael began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hide a document ?

Hello !
I'm using the last version of a Kobo Glo, and I was wondering if there were an option to hide a book and reveal it only with a password or something like that.

I'm reading some books I'm not ashamed to read, but that I don't want everybody to find out (like the Kamasutra...) and I often lend my reader to my friends and family.

Is it possible ?
If not, do you think the developers could be interested by such an idea ? Is there a webpage to contact them ?

I wish you a nice evening.

Raph.
Raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Buy another reader for your friends and family use.

You can side load books onto external SD card for your private use and have another external SD card for everything else.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I think we've all quickly opened a different book before handing our readers to someone to try

filmo's idea is good, but when you swap cards, it will lose the reading positions of the books on the previous card. Probably better is to load books for general consumption in the main memory and the other books onto the SD card. Ejecting the card will still keep the info about the books but not display them in any lists. When the card is put back in, the books will appear.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote