Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #106
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You changed the wrong area. Remember.... the lines in the config file read

replace_zlib = location, ORIGINAL_VALUES, NEW_VALUES

So you don't change the section in the ORIGINAL_VALUES area, rather in the NEW_VALUES area.

What the error is saying is that the data in the existing file does not match the ORIGINAL_VALUES settings, and this is because you changed the font sizes in it.

The examples given, all of the NEW_VALUES are way way shorter, and simpler CSS than the ORIGINAL_VALUES.

See posts https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=82 and https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=83 for more discussion on both the syntax of the patcher, and a "pretty printed" version of the CSS. Remember that the \n's and \t's are nothing more than new lines, and tab characters to make the CSS easier to read to the human eye.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #107
henriquemaia
Ignorant of many things
henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It would be nice to have the page counter and no line in between the text, as Tempest@de pointed out. Any idea on how to acheive that?
henriquemaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #108
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Thank you PeterT, since I couldn’t make it the way I wanted end up removing the footer.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #109
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
Thank you PeterT, since I couldn’t make it the way I wanted end up removing the footer.
I deleted the section for the "Remove footer" in order to prevent the syntax error with the "Decrease footer" patch, and used values of 20/18 for the theight and font size.

Last edited by treadlightly; 09-03-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: After further experimentation...
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #110
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
I really have bad luck or I’m incredibly incompetent with this things. Since I removed the footer my glo froze several times. I opened the book I was reading, read the first page and tap to pass the page and it froze, I restarted it and opened the book again, the same thing happened, since this was a book that I was reading before installing the patch I didn’t think the problem was in the book, but to be sure I tried with another book and it froze when I passed the first page. Tried with another book and the same thing. So I removed the patcher and opened the first book and it worked fine, so I opened another it didn’t freeze anymore.
I’m not sure if the problem was with the patcher, if I did something wrong or if it’s not related since nobody reported this happening.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #111
JLuecking
JLuecking began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I applied patcher version 7, it works fine (kepub). Yet it removes the chapter in the footer which looks ugly to me, as there is still the hyphen left. I would like to get it back. Any idea?

Joachim
JLuecking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #112
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Problem is we are limited to the patches made available by the author
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #113
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuecking View Post
I applied patcher version 7, it works fine (kepub). Yet it removes the chapter in the footer which looks ugly to me, as there is still the hyphen left. I would like to get it back. Any idea?

Joachim
To revert the patched settings all you have to do is change

Code:
patch_enable = `yes`
into
Code:
patch_enable = `no`
and reapply the patch.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #114
ibu
Addict
ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo H20, iPhone 6+, Macbook Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuecking View Post
I applied patcher version 7, it works fine (kepub).
Does that mean, you can disable the header of a KEPUB?
ibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #115
JLuecking

@anak
I want the footer patch, but with the chapter included like before.

@ibu
I do not want to disable the header in a KEPUB, so I am fine.

I think I go back to the previous patch, I did not see a difference so far with the last version.

Joachim
Old 09-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #116
Fallen33
Fallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmos

Hey, guys new Kobo Aura HD owner and found this thread. I am trying to install the patch but the instructions are not very clear. Do you drop the unzipped file anywhere on your Kobo? (unzip and place the libnickel file somewhere?)

Better yet can anyone just break-it-down step by step in plain English instead of auto-translated from Russian?

I would very much appreciate it. (and please excuse my lack of understanding! )

Thanks!
Fallen33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #117
norbusan
Zealot
norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, Kobo GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobohobo View Post
Hey there,
1.) Does the developer plan on releasing a Linux build of kpg.exe anytime soon?
I am tempted to write a perl script that does the same. It is just hex editing of the content, where the representation of int and zlib changes have to be specifically taken into account.

A bit more time and that should not be too hard. For patches that are using `replace_bytes` that is trivial.

Norbert
norbusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #118
byblo
Traumatized
byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: paper, Kobo Glue
Maybe ask author for source files
byblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #119
JLuecking

@fallen33
See this post in the "Summary of Modified Fonts" thread.

Joachim
Old 09-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #120
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
redundant info and no delete button here.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote