Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 AM   #1
hbeavers
hbeavers began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Multiple book entries in Nook

New member to the site, first post. I've had a Nook Color for a few months and in the process of learning how to load books on it I seem to have created an issue for myself. When I look at my books in the Library view everything is fine, but if I use the search feature I see 2 or more entries for a single book. I think this is caused by changing the name in Calibre, removing from my device and then sending the newly named book back to my Nook. I believe Calibre sends seperate metadata files, not sure if this is part of the problem. Any idea how to correct this?
hbeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbeavers View Post
New member to the site, first post. I've had a Nook Color for a few months and in the process of learning how to load books on it I seem to have created an issue for myself. When I look at my books in the Library view everything is fine, but if I use the search feature I see 2 or more entries for a single book. I think this is caused by changing the name in Calibre, removing from my device and then sending the newly named book back to my Nook. I believe Calibre sends seperate metadata files, not sure if this is part of the problem. Any idea how to correct this?
If your NC is registered and you also sideload the books you will have two copies of every book on your NC. All your books are in the B&N partition that is sync'd with your account. And you will also see the copies you sideload with Calibre.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #3
hbeavers
hbeavers began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I don't have 2 of every book though. Recent ones that I've sideloaded from Calibre (and haven't renamed later) show up during the search just once.
hbeavers is offline   Reply With Quote