Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 07-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #76
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
This is simply great. Hoyt, do you know how I could download that video on my Mac so that i can look it off line and maybe not sitting in front of the computer screen?
Thanks in advance.
Try Miro. Its free. You will probably have to save each part of the movie though. I saved a couple of parts and it seems to work OK. You can also convert to different formats. There may be a better way but I just clicked on File, then Download from URL, then pasted in the You Tube URL.

http://www.getmiro.com/#

Last edited by Hoyt Clagwell; 07-04-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #77
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt Clagwell View Post
Try Miro. Its free. You will probably have to save each part of the movie though. I saved a couple of parts and it seems to work OK. You can also convert to different formats. There may be a better way but I just clicked on File, then Download from URL, then pasted in the You Tube URL.

http://www.getmiro.com/#
it works, fantastic. Thank you so much.

Last edited by beppe; 07-05-2011 at 12:38 AM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #78
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We are all waiting for CharlieBird post.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #79
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
We are all waiting for CharlieBird post.
You caused me to laugh outloud! I got so lengthy with so many questions (aside from the problems I've been having with my internet connection) that I kept losing my train of thought. I also had the thought that most folks had moved on, lost interest in the Master, et al.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #80
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
You caused me to laugh outloud! I got so lengthy with so many questions (aside from the problems I've been having with my internet connection) that I kept losing my train of thought. I also had the thought that most folks had moved on, lost interest in the Master, et al.
d
Great. That was exactly my purpose. Now, ... Just do it
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #81
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm interested in your thoughts too.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #82
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Me, too.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:34 AM   #83
applepie
Enthusiast
applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Nook, Kindle
I've read this book several times. In Russian. When (any) book is translated, it loses its charm. If you'd read this book in original, you'd enjoy it a lot. Bulgakov is an unique author, a genius. He's pretty weird though.
applepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:10 AM   #84
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by applepie View Post
I've read this book several times. In Russian. When (any) book is translated, it loses its charm. If you'd read this book in original, you'd enjoy it a lot. Bulgakov is an unique author, a genius. He's pretty weird though.
welcome on this thread, applepie. unluckily, or unwisely, I cannot read even the paper titles in Russian. But I read Bulgakov both in English and in Italian, several times nad enjoyed it more and more each time. As I grow older, wiser(?) and more interested in the facets of life and its surreal aspects, this book has more to offer.

Why weird?
Can you expand?
Old 08-19-2011, 04:22 AM   #85
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
When I spoke to a Russian guy I work with, he mentioned that it's probably hard for me to really appreciate the absurdity of the story.

He said that Russian society was so absurd that Russian readers would immediately relate to Bulgakov's story. He tells me this is one of his favourite books.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #86
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
I recently finished reading a pair of Russian novels written and set in 1930s Soviet Union about a unscrupulous con artist running around Russia after a treasure using all sorts of tricks and wiles. They are called Diamonds for Sitting On and The Golden Calf by Ilya Ilf. If you want to read a less literary, but amusing set of stories set in this era, I would recommend these books.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:02 PM   #87
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
I recently finished reading a pair of Russian novels written and set in 1930s Soviet Union about a unscrupulous con artist running around Russia after a treasure using all sorts of tricks and wiles. They are called Diamonds for Sitting On and The Golden Calf by Ilya Ilf. If you want to read a less literary, but amusing set of stories set in this era, I would recommend these books.
On one of those, Mel Brooks might have based his second film: The twelve chairs. Hilarious.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #88
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
Quote:
On one of those, Mel Brooks might have based his second film: The twelve chairs. Hilarious.
You are correct. Diamonds for Sitting on has also been translated as The Twelve Chairs and was the source material for the movie.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book club, discussion, literary, russian literature, the master and margarita