Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Ability to attach to journals

It would be useful to be able to attach web pages to journal notes without having to turn the journal into a PDF first.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
jsfiller
Edge User

Wow. I just discovered the length of my message must be at least ten characters. +1

Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
henry_moh
Edge User

Also I wish attachment can anchored to a coordinator of a page without requirement of selecting texts.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
AguaKate
Edge User

I agree that this would be incredibly helpful. We could attach the PDFs we are taking notes on right in the journal. This would be a huge improvement!

Old 02-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
guyjack
Edge User

would be nice to have a universal cut and paste that you can use to attach a line or word or even picture from a web page or program to a journal page or a PDF that you might be studying from.

Advert
Old 02-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
Topenda
Edge User

Yep, attaching to journals would be wonderful

Old 03-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #7
STL Droid
Edge User

I just got this day before yesterday and it's already something I need everywhere.

If the Journal could operate like One Note in that, like PDFs, you could attach images, links, sound files, and view in both reader and lcd, this thing would blow all of the devices away. I don't care how fast Zoom is or what app iPad has, I CAN'T SEE THEM OUTDOORS...
They all act like outside doesn't exist.

And Kindle works fotr their book type, but I have tons of books in many formats, the Pocket Edge reads everything with the eInk, Aldiko and Kindle apps.

If the eInk could be faster in writing and attachements were possible, this would be perfect for me.
BTW,
Thanks for that nice "storage" app. Nothing like it on Archos.
Thanks for a REAL USB 2.0 port that gives me access to a keyboard, flash drives, CF cards, etc.
Thanks for a stylus for both sides

What else can I do with the USB port?
GPS?
USB Cam?
Can I link the USB 2.0 port to my Archos 5IT micro USB port?

Old 03-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #8
guyjack
Edge User

YES!! A OneNote-like program for the Edge...THAT is what we really want!!

Old 03-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #9
Dr. T
Edge User

[QUOTE=STL Droid;15479
What else can I do with the USB port?
GPS?
USB Cam?
Can I link the USB 2.0 port to my Archos 5IT micro USB port?[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt that others will have better answers for this, but I would imagine you have to be concerned about being able to install drivers for any USB devices on the eDGe. So, I would not expect something like a USB cam to work. Though, the idea is interesting... could that get around our inability to use barcode reading apps?

Old 03-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #10
STL Droid
Edge User

Yes, my iterest was piqued when I learned that an Ethernet USP device, a 3G phone card, a USB Keyboard and a USB hard drive could all be easily used with the PE. Consequently I wondered, though should have stated as you did, what other drivers already exist on the PE? Is there any other USB device that will work?

Also, If I connect another Android computer to the PE, by connecting the micro USB ports, what would happen? Would I be able to transfer files our view files across compters, or would I really put myself in a hole?

I hesitate to do any of these for fear of compromising my nice new PE, but if anyone had tried in the past or if Entourage would comment...