Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
danieljcox
danieljcox began at the beginning.

Device: IPad
Would Like to Contract IBook Development Expert.

Is there anyone out there that can help me create an IPad version of a book I already have published in the traditional book form? The book is designed and ready to be exported via ePub from Indesign. I need someone knowledgeable to port it to IBook format.
danieljcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
iBooks format is SUPPOSEDLY ePub. So just create your ePub output and see how it look with iBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
iBooks format is SUPPOSEDLY ePub. So just create your ePub output and see how it look with iBooks.
Right, and Apple uses ePubcheck as their gating factor, so if you pass that, you should be good to go.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
danieljcox
danieljcox began at the beginning.

Device: IPad
Right............ thanks guys. We've reviewed both options you've mentioned above. Not nearly as easy as you imply. Hope to her from someone that is interested in getting paid to help and knows what they are doing.
danieljcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #5
crych
crych began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
For pro help, I'd suggest sending a tweet to @lizcastro or @gabriel_powell; use hashtag #ePrdctn; should find help one way or the other.
crych is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you try your ePub in iBooks to see if it works as expected?

Trying your ePub eBook in iBooks is as easy as expected. Then you'll know it either works or does not work as you wont.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
langis
langis began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljcox View Post
Is there anyone out there that can help me create an IPad version of a book I already have published in the traditional book form? The book is designed and ready to be exported via ePub from Indesign. I need someone knowledgeable to port it to IBook format.
I have converted a few books in the format, I could offer assistance.
langis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by langis View Post
I have converted a few books in the format, I could offer assistance.
Do you realize that the post you've replied to is from July 16, 2010? Almost a year ago. I think the OP would either have found the solution by now or given up.

Tags
electronic, ibook, ipad, publishing