Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
JustDeb
JustDeb began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise-1150
E-book Devices in Australia

Hi,

A friend of mine would like to purchase an E-book device. She has contacted Ebookwise and Sony - neither company will ship or support their devices to/in Australia. Is there anyone on here in Australia and successfully using one of the readers?

Thanks!

Deb
JustDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:09 AM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I am not on here in Australia, however, I am sure she can do what the rest of us, not Americans, have done:

B&H silver&blue
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDeb View Post
Hi,

A friend of mine would like to purchase an E-book device. She has contacted Ebookwise and Sony - neither company will ship or support their devices to/in Australia. Is there anyone on here in Australia and successfully using one of the readers?

Thanks!

Deb
If your friend wants a Sony 505, then B&H gets my vote too. There's another thread on this forum from happy B&H customers. B&H takes roughly four days to deliver. Several Aussies, including me, have used them. When your friend goes to order online, she'll need scans or pix of both sides of her credit card ready to upload to B&H.

And once your friend has the Reader, she shouldn't be put off by the Americans-only attitude of the Sony Bookstore. There's ways around it.

Hey, if she's in Melbourne, she can have a play with my Sony before she decides to buy one.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks!

Deb
There is a lady on eBay that is happy to ship the eBookwise to Australia or anywhere else. She is not an auction but generally has cheaper prices than eBookwise themselves.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #5
JustDeb
JustDeb began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise-1150
Thanks a lot for the responses. All the information is helpful. Getting a unit sent to Australia shouldn't be a problem. I was concerned about her being able to download books to read.

Thanks,
Deb
JustDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Thanks a lot for the responses. All the information is helpful. Getting a unit sent to Australia shouldn't be a problem. I was concerned about her being able to download books to read.

Thanks,
Deb
It is pretty easy to get eBooks for the eb1150 from several web sites. the most prominent is Fictionwise but there are others.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:19 AM   #7
King Mook Mook
King Mook Mook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
The iRex Iliad is being sold by dymocks in Australia and you can test one out at the George St. store in Sydney.

Hope this helps
King Mook Mook
King Mook Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:51 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Bookeen will sell you a CyBook Gen3 no matter where in the world you live.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote