Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
angevin
Et In Arcadia Ego
angevin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Calibre 0.51 won't load books or download news

I get this error when I try to download and store news from websites on my prs-505 reader (I compiled calibre from source on a slackware clone for 64 bit processors i.e bluewhite64 12.2 :

Quote:
unable to open database file RemoteTraceback (most recent call last): File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/calibre/library/sqlite.py", line 119, in run OperationalError: unable to open database file
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 153, in dispatch
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 1039, in scheduled_recipe_fetched
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/calibre/gui2/library.py", line 195, in add_news
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/calibre/library/database2.py", line 1137, in add_news
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/calibre/library/sqlite.py", line 146, in run
DatabaseException: unable to open database file
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/calibre/library/sqlite.py", line 119, in run
OperationalError: unable to open database file

I get this error when I try to load books into the library :

Quote:
unable to open database file RemoteTraceback (most recent call last): File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/calibre/library/sqlite.py", line 119, in run OperationalError: unable to open database file
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/calibre/gui2/add.py", line 62, in metadata_delivered
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/calibre/library/database2.py", line 1189, in add_books
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/calibre/library/sqlite.py", line 146, in run
DatabaseException: unable to open database file
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/calibre/library/sqlite.py", line 119, in run
OperationalError: unable to open database file
angevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Where is your calibre library located?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
angevin
Et In Arcadia Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Where is your calibre library located?
Kovid if I get 0.5.1 working I'll make a donation to the calibre project. I think my calibre library is located at this location :

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre-0.5.1-py2.5-linux-x86_64.egg/calibre/library

I think it compiled here originally :

/usr/local/src/calibre-0.5.1/build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.5

Last edited by angevin; 03-14-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

mkdir ~/library
calibre --with-library ~/library
Old 03-14-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
angevin
Et In Arcadia Ego

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
mkdir ~/library
calibre --with-library ~/library
Thanks a lot Kovid that seems to have worked. I tested both a news downloading recipe and uploaded four books to my device and it all worked just fine. I am going to now make a donation

Last edited by angevin; 03-14-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

glad it worked and thanks for the donation

Tags
calibre, errors, linux