Notices

Old 03-20-2013, 06:16 AM   #1
Alda
Zealot
Alda began at the beginning.

Device: none
Best image size for cover?

Hi,

I'm wondering about the best image size to use for the cover of my book. I'm using Adobe Digital Editions to preview the book, and the cover I have now looks funky as a thumbnail in the ADE library - it only shows a section of the image, and it's not flush with the edges.

On the other hand, I've uploaded the book to the Kindle Direct platform, and it shows up too small on the previewer - at least for iPad and Kindle Fire.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Last edited by Alda; 03-20-2013 at 06:42 AM.
Alda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

You'd probably get more answers in the epub forum rather than the Sigil forum, and I'm pretty sure I've seen other threads on this topic (including the ADE thumbnail issue).

That said, as a rule of thumb I like a minimum of 1200 px for the long dimension. YMMV.

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Or you can have a look at the Sigil User Guide here: http://code.google.com/p/sigil/downl....epub&can=2&q= and read it of course so many of your questions will find an answer
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
Alda
Zealot

Actually I HAVE read the Sigil user guide for uploading a cover, and it says nothing about cover image size. Which is why I turned to this forum.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Perfect Alda!

Did you have a look to the cover page in code view?

This is what I had in mind and what I use the most.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2013, 05:46 AM   #6
Alda
Zealot

No - I didn't have the page in code view. That didn't occur to me, but of course it's the best idea. Thanks!