Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-22-2014, 09:23 PM   #91
trevymond
trevymond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevymond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevymond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevymond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevymond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevymond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevymond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevymond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevymond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevymond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevymond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
For me, it was "The Tommyknockers."

A flushing toilet has more action.

Don
you ever watch that movie? i remember as a kid how horrible it was
trevymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #92
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Black House. What a disappointment. A fantastic novel like The Talisman deserved a much better sequel.

Last edited by mr_nihilism; 10-22-2014 at 09:36 PM.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2014, 01:15 PM   #93
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoleon View Post
I gave up on The Stand after 400 pages...

I never read the book, but I watched the mini-series just recently (after The Strain and the current Ebola plague scares.)

Just a plain terrible ending.

Sorta of "well maybe the hand of God will help me finish this."
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #94
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
I haven't ever been able to get beyond the first fifty pages.....of any of them. Pity, there are a lot of them.
Not my cup of tea bookwise.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #95
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I liked Carrie and Salem's Lot; I was ambivalent about The Shining. I tried one or two more after that and thought they were awful. I look at the synopses of Stephen King's books and they often sound like something I'd like, and if the author were someone else, I'd probably give them a try (e.g., 11/22/63). But I recoil at the thought of reading another Stephen King novel.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #96
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
If I were going to pick the least of his works I'd guess it would be "Eye of the Dragon" simply because it has the least horror connection as he wrote it for his daughter and it's basically a Fantasy novel rather than horror.
Spoiler:
It does tie in with The Stand and his Dark Tower books though as the villain is a creature named Flagg.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #97
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
If I were going to pick the least of his works I'd guess it would be "Eye of the Dragon" simply because it has the least horror connection as he wrote it for his daughter and it's basically a Fantasy novel rather than horror.
Spoiler:
It does tie in with The Stand and his Dark Tower books though as the villain is a creature named Flagg.
Awww. I found Eye of the Dragon to be a lovely break from the horror.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #98
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Awww. I found Eye of the Dragon to be a lovely break from the horror.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, just that his talents seem to go more towards horror than fantasy and as such it is weaker than one of his horror novels.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:13 AM   #99
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Spoiler:
That's a tough scale. Mr Mercedes seemed less Horrory than Eye of the Dragon (to me). And how about 11/22/63?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #100
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
That's a tough scale. Mr Mercedes seemed less Horrory than Eye of the Dragon (to me). And how about 11/22/63?
Don't know as I haven't read either one as yet. I'm a bit behind on his novels.