Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 04:16 AM   #1
sonyreaderfan
Groupie
sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader Prs 950, iPad
mobi to epub - sections cause page break

I'm converting .mobi to .epub. There are .mobi nonfictions that have sections in the same chapter. For example, a page can read:

Chapter 1 heading
... (goes on for about 1/4 of a page)
Section 1 subheading
... (goes on for rest of the page)

What's important is when reading it in Kindle the page containing Chapter 1 and Section 1 are all on the same page. It's not broken up with a page break so that Section 1 starts on a new page.

When I convert it to epub (using generic settings), the epub document reads:
Chapter 1 heading
... (goes on for about 1/4 of a page).
Section 1 subheading (starts on a new page)
... (goes on for the rest of the page)

So Chapter 1 and Section 1 are broken up into two pages.

I'm not familiar with the Calibre switches/settings. Is there anyway to make Calibre convert .mobi to .epub so that the sections not broken up, i.e. page structure of .mobi is preserved?

I've included an two files.
The .mobi of Confession of Saint Augustine (from Gutenberg) has a flat structure. The Book I and Book II, etc, flows together on the same page. When converted into .epub, Book I, Book II, etc. , start on a new page. While in this case it may make more sense, this is problematic for other books. (In fact, notice that the Prefatory Material is a few sentences and should flow into Book 1. It does on the .mobi but not .epub.) I want to convert it so the original .mobi page structure is preserved.

Last edited by sonyreaderfan; 12-02-2011 at 04:20 AM.
sonyreaderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:17 AM   #2
sonyreaderfan
Groupie
sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader Prs 950, iPad
Forget the attachments
sonyreaderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert