Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
niceboy
Enthusiast
niceboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sort Order

I migrated a bunch of epub from a previous reader to Kindle using Calibre... now they list with the proper author name but some are sorted by first name and some by last name. Is there an easy fix aside from going back to Calibre? How about fixing when title and author are switched? Thanks.
niceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Sounds like you need to fix the metadata in Calibre and resend them to your Kindle.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
calail
Enthusiast
calail is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!calail is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!calail is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!calail is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!calail is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!calail is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!calail is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!calail is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!calail is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!calail is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!calail is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle PW; android; PC
i'm going to hi-jack this thread with a related question... hopefully, it will benefit niceboy too.

if you correct the MetaData, do you then have to delete the old book from the Kindle then download the new record, or will it overlay the book file on the Kindle?

just not sure if i'll end up with two books on my Kindle (one with the corrected MetaData, one not corrected).

thx!
calail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
emalvick
Groupie
emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3
I think you are going to have to delete the files off your Kindle (my experience) as I don't think Calibre will overlay a book if it is already on the Kindle. I also don't think you'd end up with two books unless the file names were completely different (could happen with plugboards, I suppose).
emalvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
niceboy
Enthusiast
niceboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I figure you must delete and replace but that means you will loose the "Collections" assignments for the book.
niceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert