Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
Stryder
Edge User

draw on netbook?

When I first looked at the edge about a year ago, I queried customer service about the ability to take notes on the netbook side of the device. What I would like is to be able to read an ebook and take notes on the other side, much like a regular text book/notepad setup. I really don't want to mark up the ebook. At the time, this was not an option. Just wondering if that has changed yet? It's the main reason I have not yet purchased this device.

Thanks.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Using apps that allow hand written notes, like note everything or the included Docs to go app and typing will allow note taking while reading. You can also read and attach short notes to the page you are reading without actually writing on the book. Remember that any note you write on the book is totally removable as well, you can erase and delete markups at will.

Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
DavidC
Edge User

Forgive me for pointing out what may be obvious but usually that's what I miss... if the ebook is PDF or some other format you can read on the LCD (Docs To Go) then you could take notes in journal.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
DavidC
Edge User

Basking in the glow of a Guru compliment

Old 05-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
Stryder
Edge User

Congrats, but not quite what I was after, I want to read in the e-reader and take notes. If I was to just read pdfs, I wouldn't need a device with with an ereader.

I think Cheyennedonna answered my question. sounds like I can handwrite on the netbook as long as I have a program that accepts that input... so the Docs to go app allows this, or will I need to obtain the other "note everything" app that was mentioned?

Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Docs to go accepts typewritten notes, note everything allows handwritten notes. http://andappstore.com/AndroidApplic...ote+everything