Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
kobobooks.com library - how to download books?

I have a number of free ebooks I "bought" on kobobooks.com but when I use my browser to view my library, I only have an option to download one of them. Is this typical? If I buy books on the site, will I be able to download all of them in epub format?

Thanks
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
It varies book by book; some of the Kobo books are only in Kobo format, while others are in ePub too.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
JPenguin
Connoisseur
JPenguin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo EReader, Kobo for Palm Pre
When it comes to the public domain books on kobobooks.com I saw 2 versions of most books, one would be in Kobo format with a cover while the other was ePub but without a cover. When you do a search on Kobobooks it will show ePub in the Available formats list if it is available, on the book details page it does also show icons would devices, the eReader option indicates ePub (if you click on More Info it mentions compatibility with both Kobo and Non-Kobo readers).

As PeterT says, it does vary by book although I would say most books are available in ePub format. Certainly not every book though, so if you do absolutely require ePub you will want to check every time.
JPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
I had the same issue. None of the public domain epub books I downloaded from Kobobooks showed up in the library; they just downloaded straight to my computer (and then I put them on my kobo from there).
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
Thanks - I bought a book and I was able to download the epub file.
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Sometimes the Download ePub button for the free books disappears from the Library listing after a few weeks, but still exists when you click the link to the individual book page and scroll down a little. Not always, though.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote