Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
kindle press
kindle press began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How do I load Canadian Public Library books on a Kindle?

Any Canadians with a Kindle in here?

Thanks!
kindle press is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, kindle press.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
xnowimcoolx
Connoisseur
xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.xnowimcoolx could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 2
you will need things which, if I'm not mistaken, this forum does not allow discussion of. Google is your friend.
xnowimcoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Also, see below under the ebook format your library carries. It will facilitate your google search.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #5
flandroid
Connoisseur
flandroid has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flandroid has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flandroid has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2/3/4/PW3
There's a bit of setup involved, but once it's done it's essentially a three-step process if your library serves EPUBs (most do).

1. Get the book onto your computer, usually through Adobe Digital Editions
2. Decrypt and strip DRM
3. Load onto Kindle through Calibre.

Happy Googling!
flandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
VICROAMER
Enthusiast
VICROAMER began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
1. Get the book onto your computer, usually through Adobe Digital Editions
2. Decrypt and strip DRM
3. Load onto Kindle through Calibre.
I have read up on doing this with epub drm, does it also work with library epub drm.
I am deciding on which ereader to get and reading library epub's is a deciding factor.
VICROAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICROAMER View Post
I am deciding on which ereader to get and reading library epub's is a deciding factor.
Would it not be logical to buy a reading device that supports ePub, in that case?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #8
VICROAMER
Enthusiast

Quote:
Would it not be logical to buy a reading device that supports ePub, in that case?
Yes it would be logical and I am considering another device but the K3 is less expensive and the K3 also has the pearl screen. My main issue with the K3 is being unable to source library books, making them readable on the K3 would be a big plus.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:02 PM   #9
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
I have a K3 and a large percentage of the books I read are library books. The steps above are exactly the steps I follow - once the initial setup is done it's a quick and relatively painless process. Good luck!
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #10
VICROAMER
Enthusiast

OK Thanks for advice, looks like K3 is back on the list.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
cjottawa
Tempus fugit.
cjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle press View Post
Any Canadians with a Kindle in here?

Thanks!
Canadian here and a happy Kindle 3 user.

I tried Amazon and B&N's online stores prior to buying and found Barnes & Noble's the far less usable of the two. I also found fewer books available to Canadians in B&N online store.
cjottawa is offline   Reply With Quote