Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #24016
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Tall and tan and young and lovely,
the girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes goes - ah
When she walks, she's like a samba
that swings so cool and sways so gentle
That when she passes, each one she passes goes - ooh
(Ooh) But I watch her so sadly, how can I tell her I love her
Yes I would give my heart gladly,
But each day, when she walks to the sea
She looks straight ahead, not at me

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giyzx-xeLko )

Good morning, all! Nice day... Unbranded keemun tea in my cup. Rice and miso soup on the table. I'm loaded and ready for bear! Or Senior Citizens with their macreme projects this afternoon. If all goes as planned, we will have plenty of 'conversation fuel' for our class, talking about their experiences over the week!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #24017
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Blue Spring Oolong

I am no longer taking the Advair. One of the possible side effects is an increased suseptability to respiratory infection. Four infections later I am kicking the Advair. I have asthma attacks when I have respitory infections. Taking something to prevent asthma that increases the likelihood of getting a respiratory infection that causes the asthma attack seems problematic. So nebulizer on stand by, inhaler in hand, and allery meds taken regularly I will deal with the current infection without a steroid for the asthma.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #24018
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Juniper berries... soaked for a while... long enough to bring out the essence of old Bombay. Add to that a pinch of the Raffles Hotel's 'Long Bar,' sling it around a bit... and Robert's your father's brother!

Stitchawl
Old 03-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #24019
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
... and Robert's your father's brother!
My Aunty Mary is going to be upset when I tell her that her name is actually Bob.

Chicken noodle soup in my mug.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #24020
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
My Aunty Mary is going to be upset when I tell her that her name is actually Bob.

Chicken noodle soup in my mug.

I thought the Brits have lots of girls named George.

Stitchawl
Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #24021
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I thought the Brits have lots of girls named George.

Stitchawl
No, just the one.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #24022
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Blue Spring Oolong

I am no longer taking the Advair. One of the possible side effects is an increased suseptability to respiratory infection. Four infections later I am kicking the Advair. I have asthma attacks when I have respitory infections. Taking something to prevent asthma that increases the likelihood of getting a respiratory infection that causes the asthma attack seems problematic. So nebulizer on stand by, inhaler in hand, and allery meds taken regularly I will deal with the current infection without a steroid for the asthma.
Keep well, prof Crash and good wishes for your new strategy.

in my cup: hot Rooibos tea +honey

(tonight my last dose of the anti-typhoid and by sunday I will be my former chirper self....well, travel....)
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #24023
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
No, just the one.
You've forgotten one.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #24024
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Pu-erh right now. Second pot. Two pots of Frozen Summit earlier in the day. A cup of coffee on the way to work.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #24025
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Blue Spring Oolong

Ask about Pulmicort. Or google it. It's another steroid, but I'm not aware of any infection likelihood. I dropped Advair too, but I'm still on Pulmicort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
What about Nancy Drew's best gal pal, George? (Or is she more American?)

And probably we shouldn't count Boy George, though I like some of his songs!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #24026
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Good point (though in reality I'm sure there are a lot more ). Given that I live just up the road from her statue, you'd think I would have remembered that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
And probably we shouldn't count Boy George, though I like some of his songs!
I think the clue is in the name. Boy George, not Girl George....
Old 03-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #24027
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:

I think the clue is in the name. Boy George, not Girl George....
I was referring to the androgynous makeup!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #24028
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Second mug of tea. No buckwheat honey left, just wildflower, and I'll be too busy for the next week and a half to go out to one of the specialized stores to pick up a 5 lb. jar. Sigh.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:14 AM   #24029
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Recovering from a day well spent. All play and no work makes Stitch a happy lad. Today was the opening day of the Osaka Motorcycle Show, and I was there bright and early. Now sitting back with a mug of Ceylon Uva tea and looking over all the swag I brought back!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BikeShow1.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	673.5 KB
ID:	102900  
Old 03-15-2013, 06:17 AM   #24030
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Recovering from a day well spent. All play and no work makes Stitch a happy lad. Today was the opening day of the Osaka Motorcycle Show, and I was there bright and early. Now sitting back with a mug of Ceylon Uva tea and looking over all the swag I brought back!

Stitchawl
I do love the fact that the main logo is in English.

Tonic and lemon in my glass, relaxing after a good day with friends.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?