Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 12:53 AM   #22381
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Sometimes when we have these long time rain no let up sessions I feel like I need a pair.

My pond is in the back corner of the yard which is higher than the patio and grass area. Although I had a concrete curb poured around both and filled it in with black rock, it still will roll water down when it overflows.

ProfCrash and pooh I hope you both feel better soon.

Charlie I have my fingers crossed and just know something will turn up for you.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:35 AM   #22382
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Charlie: something will turn up. Good luck
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:31 AM   #22383
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Hot Chocolate. It's freezing here and it's the first day of summer! Not that I want to get too hot, but a nice sunny 22 would be lovely. Don't expect to have to put on a jumper at this time of the year.

Just spent a couple of days babysitting my 2 and 4 year old granddaughters, now I know why we are supposed to have kids when we are young!
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:33 AM   #22384
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
Hot Chocolate. It's freezing here and it's the first day of summer! Not that I want to get too hot, but a nice sunny 22 would be lovely. Don't expect to have to put on a jumper at this time of the year.

Just spent a couple of days babysitting my 2 and 4 year old granddaughters, now I know why we are supposed to have kids when we are young!
Well we have something in common. It's freezing here too! Only it's the first day of Winter .

Warm Rooibos in my cup.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:50 AM   #22385
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
The last time I baby sat, I realized why so many animals eat their young...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Well we have something in common. It's freezing here too! Only it's the first day of Winter .
11° here... We took a 5km walk and damn near froze to death. I thought walking uphill was supposed to make you sweat. But we came home to hot tea... Keemun for me, and a Japanese Gyokuro for my wife. I'm having another mug of Keemun right now. I estimate this will be a 4-bathroom-trips night.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #22386
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:

Warm Rooibos in my cup.
Wait... first day of winter? Umm that does not happen till the earth is a bit further in its orbit. Why would UK celebrate that before the physical event happens?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #22387
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Wait... first day of winter? Umm that does not happen till the earth is a bit further in its orbit. Why would UK celebrate that before the physical event happens?
That all depends on how you define winter. There's the December/January/February definition for the Northern Hemisphere. Others like to count it from the solstice. Some count it as centred on the solstice.

Coke Zero #3 in my cup.

I count today as the first day of winter, partly because it's 1st December, and partly because this morning we've had our first snow shower (no danger of it settling yet though).
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #22388
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Not sure why we do that, but the weather forecaster this morning said it was the official 1st day of Winter today. And as we all know, the weather forecaster is never wrong .

Black, black coffee.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #22389
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Not sure why we do that, but the weather forecaster this morning said it was the official 1st day of Winter today. And as we all know, the weather forecaster is never wrong .

Black, black coffee.
AH! Okay. Makes perfect sense now.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #22390
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Rooibos for me. Lucas is working on abottle after having some pears. Tomorrow he gets banana for the first time. The Earth's Best baby food doesn't taste bad. But I choose a food that is a bit more expensive that is only pear and water, sweet potato and water. Next week I'll start making his food at home but we still need the jars for day care.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #22391
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Rooibos for me. Lucas is working on abottle after having some pears. Tomorrow he gets banana for the first time. The Earth's Best baby food doesn't taste bad. But I choose a food that is a bit more expensive that is only pear and water, sweet potato and water. Next week I'll start making his food at home but we still need the jars for day care.
Mine loved jars of plain carrot purée or apple purée
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #22392
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Back home since yesterday. I still am a wreck, but enjoyed my journey immensely. Sorting the photo's now and working on my blog. Staying inside as the temperature in Egypt was 34 degrees and here about zero.

In my cup: Rooibos vanilla spice, hot
On the photo: the Seti I temple in Abydos, Egypt

Last edited by desertblues; 01-21-2013 at 09:56 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #22393
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Back home since yesterday. I still am a wreck, but enjoyed my journey immensely. Sorting the photo's now and working on my blog. Staying inside as the temperature in Egypt was 34 degrees and here about zero.

On the photo: me in front of the Seti I temple in Abydos, Egypt
Welcome back J. Glad to see you home safe and sound, and that you enjoyed it so much. I look forward to more pics and details. Keep warm.

More black coffee. And maybe a choccy biscuit?
Old 12-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #22394
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post

On the photo: me in front of the Seti I temple in Abydos, Egypt
Glad that you had fun, and also glad to see that you're back home safe and sound.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #22395
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Glad you're back safe and sound, desertblues. An amazing area of the world, but a scary place to be visiting right now.

Today is a kickback day. Watch some curling, do some knitting, and start a second batch of bacon. I'm going to teach a mini-class next Saturday on how to dry-cure bacon, and need to get batches spaced out so that I can demonstrate the different stages of the process.

In my cup: fresh squeezed orange juice. (It's the very beginning of the California navel orange season, and the Valencia season is over, so the result is a bit thin and tart, but still good.) Next up, some Anniversary Breakfast Blend.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?