Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-23-2014, 01:57 AM   #61
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystika1 View Post
How is the screen difference from glo to aura HD? Is the screen a lot better? I am thinking of getting one with my tax refund.

Thanks,
Penny
The Glo's resolution is 1024x758 while the Aura HD's resolution is 1440x1080 so the Aura HD has just over twice the number of pixels. To my eyes, the Aura HD is noticeably sharper looking and my old eyes appreciate the extra screen area of the 6.8" screen compared to the Glo's 6" screen. My opinion is that the frontlight on the Aura HD is more even than the frontlight on my old Glo was but either is kilometers ahead of using a clip on light like I did with my older e-readers.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #62
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The Glo's resolution is 1024x758 while the Aura HD's resolution is 1440x1080 so the Aura HD has just over twice the number of pixels. To my eyes, the Aura HD is noticeably sharper looking and my old eyes appreciate the extra screen area of the 6.8" screen compared to the Glo's 6" screen.
Yes, I agree. The Aura HD is sharper. It is well worth the upgrade. I haven't compared it to my HD tablets, yet. But Glo to Aura HD, the Aura HD wins.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2014, 09:05 AM   #63
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Yes, I agree. The Aura HD is sharper. It is well worth the upgrade. I haven't compared it to my HD tablets, yet. But Glo to Aura HD, the Aura HD wins.
While my Nexus 7 HD has a higher pixel density, text on it does not looks as sharp as on the Aura HD.

6 minutes to gold!

Gold and shutout!

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 02-23-2014 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Just for the heck of it.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #64
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Well, I think the text on my Nexus 7.2 and my Nook HD tablets, using the same font, does look sharper than on the Aura HD, side by side. BUT, the Aura HD has the lovely 4:3 screen ratio, and is much lighter and shorter. So it really is awesome.

Canada = hockey = Gold? Awesome!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:23 PM   #65
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Patch to fix non-proportional epub line spacing

This is a patch for firmware 3.1.1 to fix a longstanding problem with the way the epub reader sets the line spacing. See this thread for a test epub and screenshots that demonstrate the problem.

Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Unitless ePub line height`
patch_enable = `yes`
replace_bytes = 1117FDC, 65 6D, 20 20
</Patch>

Last edited by GeoffR; 04-18-2014 at 03:55 PM. Reason: fixed patch to work with kpg.exe
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert