Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #76
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekGibek View Post
Yes, I confirm it works perfect on my Kobo Touch.

Original image from Tolino works almost without any changes. I had to change only one bit responsible for setting the resolution. You need to find "HW CONFIG" string in the image file and 32 bytes further there is byte with "01" value. You have to change it to "00" and that's it. "01" means 1024x768 screen, "00" is 800x600.
Off to try "02" on an AuraHD...
Edit: checking the source that probably should be a "03", no luck though. Just to be sure: the address in the image would be 0x8001e right?

Last edited by giorgio130; 11-15-2013 at 04:21 PM.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #77
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Good luck.
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #78
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Edit: checking the source that probably should be a "03", no luck though. Just to be sure: the address in the image would be 0x8001e right?
No. It's not the one. About 16 bytes further. 0x8002F? I don't know exactly because I have "00" there now But please compare my image with yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HW_CONFIG.png
Views:	456
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	115249  

Last edited by MarekGibek; 11-15-2013 at 04:34 PM.
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #79
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

I don't see the "03" value supported in Tolino's kernel source code.
It's like:

Quote:
if(1==gptHWCFG->m_val.bDisplayResolution) {
// 1024x758
}
else
{
}

Is it working on Aura HD but with wrong resolution? If yes, it is possible to fix it by merging video driver code from Aura HD's kernel.

Last edited by MarekGibek; 11-15-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #80
gong
Enthusiast
gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini (f/w 3.4.1) + Aura (f/w 3.12.1)
since it works on the touch, would it work on the mini as well ??
gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #81
MarekGibek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gong View Post
since it works on the touch, would it work on the mini as well ??
Yes. It should.

The "HW CONFIG" part needs to be configured for Kobo Mini (copied from original Kobo image?). But relatively minor changes are needed (if any). I don't have Kobo Mini to tell exactly what.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #82
MarekGibek
Zealot

Here is my image for Kobo Touch (82MB). It may work on Mini as well (not tested). You need 2GB or larger SD card to test it. It's already rooted.

[EDIT] Link removed. Here is a newer version: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=137

Last edited by MarekGibek; 11-23-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #83
dd366
dd366 doesn't litterdd366 doesn't litter

Device: Kobo glo
It works well for me on a kobo Glo
I thanks all posters for the detailed instructions

I write the original image on a 4Go sdcard and it left 2Go free for user
For those interested, this is the partitions:

Unused 15M
FAT32 2.16Go Mein Tolino
ext3 384Mo
ext3 512Mo
ext3 384Mo
ext4 256Mo
Unused 16M

So the original image is 4Gb and the I suppose the partitions must be modified for using all the space of a card greater than 4Gb.

----------------

However some known problems are not solved:

1) Led blinking
-> Must find adresse of the port for this led...
-> otherwise I plan in last resort to try to desolder it (Have to remove motherboard)

2) Screen light can't be set to off
-> KevinShort app don't work for me currently.
-> I also try an android app called AndroidIOCTL.apk for writing to /dev/ntx_io but with no success.

3) The magnetic sensor for Sleepcover don't work
-> Can be solved with a custom apk if somebody can find the adress of this sensor.

>>>>>>>> (THE BIGGEST PROBLEM for me) <<<<<<<<<<<<
4) Landscape mode don't work
The image is rotated but not the IR Touchscreen

As i'm not very skilled on linux, I need help to try to solve this 4)

Do you know of a way to hack this (and where, IR driver ? Is it in kernel sources ? )
The IR coordonates must simply be rotated, if we can patch the driver.
or it's perhaps possible to write a wrapper between android apps et android api to rotate touch values.

There is a Tolino Shine thread on xda developpers
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2218458

I can't post on developpers threads yet as i'm a new user
Can somebody ask the question on this thread ?
dd366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #84
sysKin
Connoisseur
sysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Aura HD, after a train ate my Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachikoma View Post
here's an idiots guide
Thanks for the guide!

However, I can't get mine to work for some reason.

When executing 3_install_su.bat, one of the first things it does is:

@adb shell "mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system"

... to which there's a response "mount: invalid argument". Then, copying all the stuff fails because target directory doesn't exist.

Halp ~~~
sysKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:27 AM   #85
dd366
dd366 doesn't litterdd366 doesn't litter

To sysKin:

Are you sure your driver is installed correctly and your android device is detected by adb ?
cmd line: adb devices -> must list your device

Using Tachikoma post, I have to edit android_winusb.inf and add this lines
;Tolino Shine
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1F85&PID_1689&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1F85&PID_1689&REV_0226MI_01

like said SyreKron on 6th post of this thread.

On first try, there were errors for me too, but second was fine

Sometimes, there is more of one adb.exe in the path and it cause problems
Try to reset adb by adb kill-server command.
Try also to kill all adb instances in task manager.

Hope this help.
dd366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:00 AM   #86
sysKin
Connoisseur
sysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Aura HD, after a train ate my Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd366 View Post
Are you sure your driver is installed correctly and your android device is detected by adb ?
Well, the driver was definitely installed and adb had no trouble talking to the device. I did not modify the driver file but I can't see how driver can make mount not mounting.
[edit] oooh now I see: it worked because my previous Samsung driver took over, for some reason. Still, after changing the driver to the provided one, I have the exact same problem.

I was able to make mount work by removing "remount" option and adding -t ext4 option. However, this changed the error to permission denied. It looked like /system was mounted read-only.

However, new question: should I update the device before rooting it? Initially I didn't, but after all the trouble I updated it (to version 1.2.4) and now it seems to be ignoring recovery.img sdcard -- I put it in, but no matter how much I wait / how many times I reboot, it doesn't shut down by itself.

[edit] as per http://www.lesen.net/forum/ebook-rea...f%C3%BCr-root/ , we can't root version 1.2. Oh well, I'll re-image my card.

Last edited by sysKin; 11-16-2013 at 03:58 AM.
sysKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:26 AM   #87
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
I don't see the "03" value supported in Tolino's kernel source code.
It's like:

Is it working on Aura HD but with wrong resolution? If yes, it is possible to fix it by merging video driver code from Aura HD's kernel.
I've taken the value from nxt_hwconfig.c:
Code:
const char * gszDisplayResolutionA[]={"800x600","1024x758","1024x768","1440x1080"};// Display resolution .
It doesn't work though, it just turns on the frontlight and hangs. Probably some changes at kernel level are needed, maybe more in HW Config. Where did you find that info about resolution?
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:58 AM   #88
mastnacek
Enthusiast
mastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Here is my image for Kobo Touch (82MB). It may work on Mini as well (not tested). You need 2GB or larger SD card to test it. It's already rooted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/na7uyih1u7...roid_Rooted.7z
Hello Marek, thanks for your work. But for Kobo Mini dont work.
mastnacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #89
nevelaev
nevelaev began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysKin View Post
Thanks for the guide!

However, I can't get mine to work for some reason.

When executing 3_install_su.bat, one of the first things it does is:

@adb shell "mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system"

... to which there's a response "mount: invalid argument". Then, copying all the stuff fails because target directory doesn't exist.

Halp ~~~
I had this problem tonight) See at earlier pages solve - you must download this file http://yadi.sk/d/vfCPb7fXCmH9G. Connect Kobo with android to the computer as a USB flash and put the file into the internal storage (same with label "Mein Tolino") in the folder "extsd", then disconnect and reboot device to recovery mode)
nevelaev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #90
gong
Enthusiast
gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini (f/w 3.4.1) + Aura (f/w 3.12.1)
Quote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/na7uyih1u7...roid_Rooted.7z
Thanks a lot!
gong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, glo, kobo, shine, tolino