Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-09-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Looks like a new Kindle Fire is in the works.

Not a main topic in this article but Good Ereader mentions it. Article date May 8.

http://goodereader.com/blog/tablet-s...ablets-q1-2017

"Amazon has two new tablets in development and they have just hit the FCC to become certified. It is currently unknown what the true hardware specs are and when they will be released to the public. There is a strong likelihood that one will be a seven inch to replace the $50 Fire Tablet and the other will be eight inches or larger."
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
As is typical for that site, they are referencing without attribution.
Here:

https://the-digital-reader.com/2017/...s-cleared-fcc/

('Ware the embedded gag.)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2017, 11:05 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Isn't there always a new XXX in the works.....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:38 PM   #4
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Most likely running Sailfish? I think not
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:10 PM   #5
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
('Ware the embedded gag.)
You need to read the comments at the end.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2017, 09:46 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
I was joking.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:55 PM   #7
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
One device is listed as the SR043KL from Triesan LLC, and the other is the SX034QT from a company called Blancopage LLC
I cant help point out that 'Blanco page" sure is reminiscent of "Paper White".

I can't think of anything for Triesan though, it is an anagram of 'Retinas'
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:25 AM   #8
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From a more reputable source:

http://www.aftvnews.com/exclusive-ne...ced-this-week/

Quote:

The Fire tablet should remain the same price at $49.99 but see a spec bump in certain areas, like dual band WiFi over the existing model’s single band wireless. The base Fire model might now start with 16GB of internal storage, instead of 8GB, but that’s the fact I’m most unsure about.

The Fire HD 8 should maintain nearly all the same specs as the current model, but the biggest change will be its price. At $89.99, the current 2016 Fire HD 8 already slashed the $149.99 price of the 2015 model it replaced. The new 2017 Fire HD 8 will continue that trend by dropping the price another $20 to $69.99.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:31 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
And Amazon keeps changing the dimensions. That way, you'll have to buy a new case.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:52 AM   #10
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
And Amazon keeps changing the dimensions. That way, you'll have to buy a new case.
You need to buy cheaper cases.
That way the cases won't outlive the tablet.

Oberon cases are great but I wouldn't buy one for a Fire tablet. It just feels... wrong...
Old 05-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
You need to buy cheaper cases.
That way the cases won't outlive the tablet.

Oberon cases are great but I wouldn't buy one for a Fire tablet. It just feels... wrong...
The case costs more than the tablet.

I don't get Oberon cases myself. Aside from costing a ridiculously large percentage of the price of most devices, they're heavy and bulky. And are unlikely to fit your next gadget as well. I already have a case graveyard that I need to dispose of, but at least none of them cost me much.

Last edited by issybird; 05-17-2017 at 08:26 AM.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #12
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The case costs more than the tablet.

I don't get Oberon cases myself. Aside from costing a ridiculously large percentage of most devices, they're heavy and bulky. And are unlikely to fit your next gadget as well. I already have a case graveyard that I need to dispose of, but at least none of them cost me much.
I've got a dead/old phone shrine and graveyard.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:55 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm finding that my "gadget churn" is slowing way down as the market matures. I had my last phone (iPhone 4) for four and a half years, and I expect to keep my current iPhone 6, which I've now had for two years, just as long. I've had my Kindle Voyage for over two years, which is the longest I've used any eInk reader for, and nothing's come out in the intervening time that's tempted me to change. It's reached the point where the stuff I already own does what I need it to do.

I do still buy new stuff occasionally. My last (very!) big purchase was my 12.9" iPad Pro a couple of months back, but again I'll almost certainly keep that for several years.

As such, I do tend to buy good cases for my gadgets, because I know I'll be using them for a while.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Introducing the All-New Amazon Fire 7 and Fire HD 8 with Amazon Alexa

Quote:
Fire 7, the next generation of Amazon’s best-selling tablet, is now thinner and lighter with an improved 7” IPS display, longer battery life, and improved Wi-Fi connectivity—still only $49.99

Fire HD 8, the next generation of Amazon’s highest customer-rated tablet, offers a stunning 8” HD display with over 1 million pixels, up to 12 hours of battery life, and 16 GB of storage—now only $79.99

Millions of Fire Tablet customers have asked Alexa to play music and videos, read audiobooks, set timers, get the news and weather, and more
Quote:
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 17, 2017-- (NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today announced two new additions to its Fire Tablet lineup—the all-new Fire 7 and all-new Fire HD 8. Amazon’s best-selling tablet is now even better—Fire 7 features a thinner and lighter design, an improved 7” IPS display with higher contrast and sharper text, longer battery life with up to 8 hours of mixed use, 8 GB of storage with support for up to 256 GB of expandable storage, and better Wi-Fi connectivity, plus Alexa—all for only $49.99. The all-new Fire HD 8—the next-generation of Amazon’s highest customer-rated tablet—offers a stunning 8” HD display with over 1 million pixels, a quad-core processor, up to 12 hours of battery life, 16 GB of storage with support for up to 256 GB more, plus Alexa—now only $79.99. Both Fire Tablets are available for pre-order starting today.

This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...0517005706/en/
Old 05-17-2017, 11:34 AM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Introducing the All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition and Fire HD 8 Kids Edition—Next Generation Tablets Built from the Ground Up for Kids

Quote:
All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition includes Fire 7 tablet with 16 GB of storage and 8 hours battery life, a year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, a kid-proof case, and a 2-year worry-free guarantee—still only $99.99

Introducing an 8” HD screen option—the Fire HD 8 Kids Edition comes with 32 GB of storage and up to 12 hours of battery life, a year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, a kid-proof case, and a 2-year worry-free guarantee—only $129.99

Amazon FreeTime Unlimited now offers over 15,000 age-appropriate books, videos, educational apps, and games, plus access to over 55,000 hand-curated websites and YouTube videos, plus Parent Dashboard and Discussion Cards
Quote:
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 17, 2017-- (NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today announced two new additions to its best-selling Fire tablet lineup—the all-new Fire 7 Kids Edition and all-new Fire HD 8 Kids Edition. Fire 7 Kids Edition and Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablets are built around three ideas:

This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...0517005704/en/