Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
SMS
SMS began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Epub Books on Sony Reader to Ipad

Hi,

I am very GREEN with all this. I BRIEFLY had a Sony Reader for which I purchased a handful of books (all formats listed as EPUB Documents) currently residing in the Sony Reader Library. I returned the Sony and purchased an IPad instead. I cannot drag the Sony books anywhere nor will they sinc into the ipad - is there a way for me to get them in there? I also tried to drag them to Itunes without success. Would appreciate any help...it seems from browsing the posts that it should be possible - I could not find instructions basic enough to try.

Thanks!

SMS
SMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
You can use txtr (the ipad app) to read these texts. They are protected with Adobe DRM. That's why you can't sync them with iBooks.

To get the books onto your ipad, you'll have to upload the files to the txtr website. Then on txtr, you'll log in with the Adobe account that you set up for your Sony books.

This will only work with epubs from Sony. Older lrx files won't open in txtr.

Let me know if you need more. Good luck!
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
SMS
SMS began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Epub Books on Sony Reader to Ipad

nikkie, THANKS! This sounds a lot easier then the route I thought I would have to take. Yes, I only purchased 4 or 5 books before getting rid of the Sony reader so hopefully this will do the trick.
SMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
If you want to be able to read them in iBooks, there's some useful info here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40238 although there may well be extra googling needed to find the full info (I realise that's a bit cryptic - pm me if you want more assistance)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
Old and Grey
Old and Grey began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
I have over 300 books on Sony reader and cannot get them onto my IPAd so sympathise with you.
Old and Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Mine moved over beautifully. Have you installed Bluefire on your Ipad? If not, do it, and we can give you instructions from there.
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #7
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old and Grey View Post
I have over 300 books on Sony reader and cannot get them onto my IPAd so sympathise with you.
I use Calibre (with a certain plugin) and I have loaded all of my Sony ebooks into the native iBooks App. I like the iBooks App because it syncs the pages and bookmarks on my epub books between my iPad and iPhone.

FYI I also use this setup to load the books I buy from B&N and Kindle, and it works great.
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #8
Old and Grey

Hi have put Bluefire in Shoechick but am now stuck again. Help please for old and grey!
Old 04-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #9
Old and Grey

Talking More help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOECHICK View Post
Mine moved over beautifully. Have you installed Bluefire on your Ipad? If not, do it, and we can give you instructions from there.
hi as new to this game will put this in two places. I now have Bluefire in but what do i do next. Old and grey is stuck again can i have an 'idiots' guide on how to move mine over thanks.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:18 AM   #10
4nefertiti
Enthusiast
4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS900 (daily edition), blackberry
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
I use Calibre (with a certain plugin) and I have loaded all of my Sony ebooks into the native iBooks App. I like the iBooks App because it syncs the pages and bookmarks on my epub books between my iPad and iPhone.

FYI I also use this setup to load the books I buy from B&N and Kindle, and it works great.
Which plugin are you using? It will be nice to get rid of all of the reading apps and have all of my books in one place.
4nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:47 AM   #11
Old and Grey

Unhappy Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nefertiti View Post
Which plugin are you using? It will be nice to get rid of all of the reading apps and have all of my books in one place.
I feel that there are lots of people out there who are stuck with this Sony REader IPAD book transfer problems, i have installed bluefire, cannot find calibre, and am still stuck.

Sony themselves are NO help and although there are long discussions about why there is not a sony reader App do not actually help getting books from one bit of kit to another. So you end up with having to carry two devices around.

Someone out there must have an idiots guide to help us poor bewildered souls.

If anyone can give step by step instructions it would be VERY helpful.