Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #706
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm still hovering between 72 and 73kg
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #707
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have not weighed myself this week. Recovering from illness means no gym and limited activity. I have been trying to watch what I eat but, well, I am weak at Christmas time. I will get back into things in the new year. For now, breathing clearly is more important and I am not risking that by pushing too hard.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #708
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
82.2kg as of this morning... one week to go... it's gonna take some work...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #709
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Damn - gained 1lb this week. The weather's been so horrendous this week (almost non-stop torrential rain) that I've been able to get almost no exercise .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #710
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I expect that I will put on a little over the next couple of weeks.

PS I know a secret! A MobileRead Secret! Keep your eyes open over the next few days!
Advert
Old 12-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #711
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now I understand why Hollywood actors get paid so much money. It takes a hell of a lot of work to keep them in the shape the need to be to remain true to their characters. Having to put on 10kg for one role, then get it off in a couple of months for the next is NOT as easy as I used to think...

Stitchawl
Old 12-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #712
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I expect that I will put on a little over the next couple of weeks.

PS I know a secret! A MobileRead Secret! Keep your eyes open over the next few days!
You know, of all the threads to post a hint about THE GREAT MOBILEREAD DOUGHNUT GIVEAWAY! that is undoubtedly (take my word for it) taking place on Tuesday, it doesn't seem like this was the best choice. But who am I to complain?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #713
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Morning of the 27th... five days and counting down...

The scale read 81.4 a few minutes ago.
1.4kg to go... 3lbs to lose and five days to lose it... it's gonna take some work...

I refuse to give up. It just is NOT an option.

Stitchawl
Old 12-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #714
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Good for you, Stitchawl.

I have officially abandoned any pretence of restricting my food intake over the holiday period. I suspect I shall put on some weight.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #715
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Lots of exercise today... Still keeping well under 1,000 calories... and four days to go...

Stitchawl
Old 12-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #716
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am thrilled that I have only put two pounds on. Between the holidays and not being able to exercise for two weeks before the holidays due to illness, I think I am doing pretty darn well.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #717
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I am thrilled that I have only put two pounds on. Between the holidays and not being able to exercise for two weeks before the holidays due to illness, I think I am doing pretty darn well.
Now that you're healthy again, and the holidays just about over, will you still have time for the gym with your new job?

Stitchawl
Old 12-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #718
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I will be hitting the gym starting on Monday. I have a full house right now, 5 kids and 5 adults visiting, so getting to the gym is hard and I want to enjoy my time with the family. I am playing tennis with my husband and niece this afternoon so that will get me moving again. Sunday morning I drop my parents off at the airport in the morning and will head to the gym in the afternoon when the hubby is home to watch the baby. I have still been tracking what I eat and trying to stick to 1,800 calories a day to maintain my weight but that was harder to do with cookies, prime rib, Italian beef, and mince pies running around....
Old 12-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #719
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Morning of the 28th.... Four days to go...

But the scale read 80.8kg! I'm gonna make it! I'm gonna make it! I'm gonna make it!!!!

If you never give up, you have to win!

Stitchawl
Old 12-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #720
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Morning of the 28th.... Four days to go...

But the scale read 80.8kg! I'm gonna make it! I'm gonna make it! I'm gonna make it!!!!

If you never give up, you have to win!
Good luck Stitchawl!

And you could always book a couple of hours in a sauna on the 31st if you really want to get the number.