Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #16
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
"an instant credit and upgrade" for the jetBook? What would that be,
to the jetBook Color? You must have been talking to a sales person,
you should have been talking to a support person and gotten an RMA.

There is a great deal of difference between a pocketable reflective display
ereader and a tablet. It sounds like what you really wanted was a tablet.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #17
DebbyS
Zealot
DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Speaking of Jetbook Lite... I so like mine that I've had for over a year now that I thought I should get a back up one just in case, and as Egghead has them on sale, I ordered one on Nov 17. It finally came today, Nov 27 (I wasn't in a hurry to get it, but I was getting a little nervous about it taking so long to come as I chose what I thought was the faster of the two free shipping options and took Thanksgiving Day into account as slowing down the mail).

I unboxed it just to check that it was in one piece (as I don't plan to use it anytime soon). It certainly was light weight without batteries. But what surprised me most was the color. My current one in use is black, but a warm, gentle, appealing black. The new one is a warm, gentle, appealing gray with perhaps a hint of brown mixed into the color. There may be a name for this color, don't know, but I do like it.

I really have to find time to do more reading.
DebbyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #18
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Debby, I bought my backup a few months ago, and haven't even opened the box to look at it yet!

Of course you mean Newegg, right?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #19
DebbyS
Zealot
DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're right, GA, "Newegg". I don't know why I keep confusing it with Egghead, which back in the 1980s-90s had a small store here wherein they actually sold software and computer supplies (diskettes, paper, mouse pads, cables, etc.). It's hard to find such stores now other than tucked into big-box quasi-electronics stores (no Fry's in my area). It's mostly on line shopping now. I kind of miss those little stores with marvelous new software for the Apple IIC I started out with, and early PCs, and one could talk to excited young nerds who might actually be able to help with problems or figure out work arounds and talk about science fiction topics, too. I also recall how a coworker said she had been Bill Gate's secretary for a while, when he lived here, before he moved further west where he found some funding and a modicum of success.

Dem were da days!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #20
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyS View Post
You're right, GA, "Newegg". I don't know why I keep confusing it with Egghead, which back in the 1980s-90s had a small store here wherein they actually sold software and computer supplies (diskettes, paper, mouse pads, cables, etc.). It's hard to find such stores now other than tucked into big-box quasi-electronics stores (no Fry's in my area). It's mostly on line shopping now. I kind of miss those little stores with marvelous new software for the Apple IIC I started out with, and early PCs, and one could talk to excited young nerds who might actually be able to help with problems or figure out work arounds and talk about science fiction topics, too. I also recall how a coworker said she had been Bill Gate's secretary for a while, when he lived here, before he moved further west where he found some funding and a modicum of success.

Dem were da days!
I still use my jetBook Lite too. I have all generations of jetBooks - regular jetBook, jetBook Lite, jetBook mini and jetBook Color and i love all of them...
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #21
DebbyS
Zealot

I've only had the one product by Ectaco (since I'm in New Mexico I say Ec-tah-co), the JBLite, and now two of the same one. It's nice when something technical is well made and enjoyed through the years and generations
Old 12-02-2012, 01:22 AM   #22
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've noticed that devotees of eInk annually pick up the latest version, but devotees of the jetBook are content with its screen.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #23
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I've noticed that devotees of eInk annually pick up the latest version, but devotees of the jetBook are content with its screen.
Yep. Still the only ereader I use. Can't imagine I'll ever need anything "better." (And, yes -- I have a back-up JBL, too. I fired it up to make sure it was working, then took out the batteries and put it back in the box.)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #24
DebbyS
Zealot

If I were interested in Astrology, I'd almost bet we were all Libras However, I can say without a doubt that we're definitely all into libros (books).
Old 04-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #25
antithesis
Avid reader
antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle DX White
Sorry for the necrobump, but then again, this post isn't the biggest necrobump in this thread. My question is very relevant and if I were to make a new thread, it would have this exact title.

I live in the Netherlands and I've decided I want to buy the Jetbook Lite. The only problem is that I can't find any that ships the product to my country. Does anyone know of any good stores for this?
antithesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #26
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

antithesis, have you checked at newegg.com?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #27
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I'm not sure they ship overseas, or that if they do it wouldn't be somewhat expensive.
But, the price differential might be so that even with exorbitant shipping costs getting
it at Newegg might still save you money.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #28
antithesis
Avid reader
antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle DX White
Newegg does not ship overseas. They discriminate against anyone who doesn't live in the US of A. =(
antithesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #29
AHMavrick
Enthusiast
AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Bought 2 of these from Newegg. One a couple years ago and the second just the other month. Tickled that the price went down to the mid 50's. I'm SO happy to have found the firmware update instructions here. It save my hair as I was pulling it out trying to do it the way that ectaco web site said to do it. It doesn't work that way.

This was my first e-reader and since that was all I wanted is likely to be my only one. Not interested in a tablet, just reading e-books and saving weight and space in our RV.
AHMavrick is offline   Reply With Quote