Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #16
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
My thoughts on the Skylight are already know, so no rehashing. The U1 though, that is a wicked cool little piece of equipment. The tablet portion is of good proportions and looks to have a nice interface. Being able to snap it into the base for a Win7 netbook is way cool and looks to be very functional. I could see this little guy (the U1) being excellent or taking class notes in netbook mode, then an excellent reading tool in tablet mode. The only sticker, rather sticker shock, is the price of $1000. Yikes!
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #17
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainring View Post
My thoughts on the Skylight are already know, so no rehashing. The U1 though, that is a wicked cool little piece of equipment. The tablet portion is of good proportions and looks to have a nice interface. Being able to snap it into the base for a Win7 netbook is way cool and looks to be very functional. I could see this little guy (the U1) being excellent or taking class notes in netbook mode, then an excellent reading tool in tablet mode. The only sticker, rather sticker shock, is the price of $1000. Yikes!
$1000 for the U1?!!. It seems a good device but I wouldn't pay that much.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #18
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
$1000 for the U1?!!. It seems a good device but I wouldn't pay that much.
Well for that price your are getting Both a Compact Powerful notebook as I believe its going to be running either a dual core or an i5 Processor as well as a touch enabled slate.

A notebook which has that processor and battery life while being that small is going to be at least $600-$700 and add in the slate, it does not look like a bad deal. Its only when you look at it as a netbook replacement that the price looks expensive.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #19
Sullivan
Connoisseur
Sullivan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hmmmm I suppose I have never even thought of something like this to be marketed.

I don't think I'd ever buy one, but I wouldn't mind playing with someone elses though
Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #20
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Well for that price your are getting Both a Compact Powerful notebook as I believe its going to be running either a dual core or an i5 Processor as well as a touch enabled slate.

A notebook which has that processor and battery life while being that small is going to be at least $600-$700 and add in the slate, it does not look like a bad deal. Its only when you look at it as a netbook replacement that the price looks expensive.
Might be a powerful notebook, but if the screen's as small at it appears it's not going to be anything more than a toy.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #21
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
Might be a powerful notebook, but if the screen's as small at it appears it's not going to be anything more than a toy.
It's an 11.6" screen, which is quiet usable for most things. Most portable Laptops from Most manufacturers (HP, Dell, Apple,etc) including Lenovo range between 12" to 13" so its pretty much in line.

I've Been using 12" and 13" laptops as my Primary machine for doing everything, including Photo and Video Editing and its a nice compromise between usable screen space and portability.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:51 PM   #22
Jaime_Astorga
Member Retired
Jaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS-350-SC: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
I don't really mind the looks... it's a nice break from the ordinary, to be honest. And the idea of a netbook which lasts 10 hours is pretty appealing. Still, the lack of storage and high price (subsidies do nothing for me; I heavily dislike devices which are tied to monthly fees) make this a no-no for me. Ah, well. Hopefully somebody else will pack some of the same ideas into a more desirable package.
Jaime_Astorga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-book reader, netbook