Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
graypal
graypal began at the beginning.

Device: cybook opus, kindle paperwhite
How to install dictionary on opus?

Hello again and happy christmas.

I have just installed the new firmware (1.5) on my opus. I alerady had fairly new firmware on it, but I wanted to use dictionaries more than epub files at the minute so I went for the 1.5 with mobi support.

It is very good and the page turns are even faster, and now there is a facility to look up words. I have downloaded a demo of the oxford dictionary to try and have put it on my opus, but it keeps on saying nothing found when I try to look-up words.

I am assuming it is something fairly obvious that I am doing wrong. Anyone have any ideas please?

Also if anyone has any suggestions on which dictionary is the best to buy I would appreciate it.

Thanks again

Gray
graypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Where did you place the dictionary? It has to be placed in the "ebooks" folder (and not any of the subfolders). At least this is, how it works on my Gen3.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
As far as I know, the DEMO-editions from mobipocket dictionaries do not support lookup.
There are some here on MobileRead if you just want to test it out though.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
graypal
graypal began at the beginning.

Device: cybook opus, kindle paperwhite
Thanks for that. I have installed a free one and it works fine. I just thought that the demo one would work, but only for a few days, or with less words etc, but the lookup is not supported.

Cheers

Gray
graypal is offline   Reply With Quote