Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2008, 07:44 AM   #1
JavierN
JavierN began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
PRS-505 hangs when shutting down

Hello.

Last night I tried to shut down the reader, as I do every day, but it hanged. This is the screen I still have, 14 hours later:

I've tried to soft reset and to hard reset, but i've no response.

Can you help me?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030386.JPG
Views:	1695
Size:	510.6 KB
ID:	17933  
JavierN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:50 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Soft reset doesn't "do" anything other than power down the machine - the image will still stay there on the screen (remember that eInk screens preserve their image without power). Have you tried switching it on again after you've reset it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2008, 08:03 AM   #3
JavierN

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Soft reset doesn't "do" anything other than power down the machine - the image will still stay there on the screen (remember that eInk screens preserve their image without power). Have you tried switching it on again after you've reset it?
Yes, I've tried, but there's no change in the screen. May be the battery is discharged? Now I'm charging it, and as soon as it finish i'll try again.
Thanks for your quick answer
Old 11-16-2008, 08:05 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Definitely sounds like a flat battery in that case! Note that if the battery gets too flat it can be "problematic" to charge using USB. If it won't charge, go to your nearest video game store and buy a charge for a Sony "PlayStation Portable". It's the same charger spec as the Reader, and will charge it for sure.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #5
JavierN

All right now.
The screen displays USB icon and led lights in red. I've unplugged the reader and switched it on. Works fine. I will complete the charging.

In the first moments of panic, I had read https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21337, but I believed that first point didn't suit this scenario. So, my apologies to Patricia, and my thanks to her and HarryT.

Will continue reading an learning from you, despite of my problems with language.
Advert
Old 11-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Pleased to hear that it's OK now!