Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Best places to buy internationally

Okay, I give in. I'm either going to buy the Sony Reader or just possibly the Astak, if it comes out on time and depending on the reviews/final cost.

However - I can't quite get my head around paying upwards of £180 (or about $360), including postage costs, to get one of these sent to me outside the US of A. I've checked Ebay, but they're either 'buy it now' for even more than purchasing from somewhere like BH Photo Video, or bidding items which spiral quickly upwards in price. At least, the ones I've looked at have. I've been holding a quickly fading and probably deeply unrealistic dream of getting one for no more than about 300 dollars, especially given I'm temporarily relocated to the Far East ...

Is there a cheaper option, or is BH Photo Video pretty much as cheap as it gets when it comes to getting hold of one of these machines outside of the States?
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
B&H is probably the cheapest way to buy it yourself. You might shave off a bit more if you ask a friend to buy it in a shop and ship to you, but you'll have to add the sales tax then and it's not certain that the shipping will be cheaper...
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert