Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #106
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Depends on the country. In the UK it gets you free next day delivery and access to the Kindle lending library (1 book a month) and I think that's it.

I don't really think that it's worth the £50 annual fee they want for it, as we can get free supersaver delivery anyway if willing to wait a few days for the order, and in case of can't-wait-itis, paying for next day delivery is between £6 and £8 IIRC.
I was Super Savor but just decided to pay for delivery, which is now the 9th, as I know I'd be as miserable as sin if mine didn't arrive by the weekend and my free delivery has estimated delivery as 11th-14th.

Cost £6.01 but in this case it's worth it.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #107
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I was Super Savor but just decided to pay for delivery, which is now the 9th, as I know I'd be as miserable as sin if mine didn't arrive by the weekend and my free delivery has estimated delivery as 11th-14th.

Cost £6.01 but in this case it's worth it.
I've paid for faster delivery too I'd rather pay extra as and when I *really* want something fast (which isn't that often tbh, I usually don't really mind waiting a bit longer and get free delivery) rather than fork out for prime membership
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #108
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
I've paid for faster delivery too I'd rather pay extra as and when I *really* want something fast (which isn't that often tbh, I usually don't really mind waiting a bit longer and get free delivery) rather than fork out for prime membership
The really sad thing is I have a very good PW1, which I'd have to sell if I keep the 2, but I really want to see if the PW2 is worth upgrading too
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #109
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
My PW is OK screen-wise but no quite what it should be really so yep, I wanna see too if the screen is worth the upgrade. If the PW2 lives up to expectations, I might keep the PW anyway as a spare (undecided for now!), and my K3 will get gifted to the dev team.

I'll be eagerly waiting for reports from the non-UK users who receive theirs before we do though

Last edited by Yolina; 09-24-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #110
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
One more week to wait!!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #111
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
One week to my new Paperwhite 2013 and just three weeks to my new Kindle Fire HDX 7" 32 Gb 2013. Its new toys for me and my one year old toys go to other family members.

Thank you Jeff Bezos for all the wonderful toys.

We should really get a Prime membership free if we buy two new Kindles on an annual basis.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #112
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Is it October yet? I've got my cover and my skin. All I need now is my Kindle!
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #113
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
I just checked my Amazon account; I'm kind of bummed that I don't have a serial number yet.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #114
shahvikram123
shahvikram123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
I just checked my Amazon account; I'm kind of bummed that I don't have a serial number yet.
How'd you check that?
shahvikram123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #115
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahvikram123 View Post
How'd you check that?
Manage your kindle and then go to manage your devices.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:00 AM   #116
Outrager
Connoisseur
Outrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
When do they usually register the device to your account? Right before it ships or days before?
Outrager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #117
shahvikram123
shahvikram123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Manage your kindle and then go to manage your devices.
Thanks! Mine still hasn't got a serial number… It'll probs turn up a few days before the 9th (the date it's expected to be delivered). So something like the 4-5th of October.
shahvikram123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #118
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
Why would you expect to have one? Your Kindle hasn't shipped yet, has it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #119
Psykhe
Connoisseur
Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4, KindlePW
With the previous Kindles you typically got the number (in the My Kindle Page) a couple of days before it got shipped.
Psykhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #120
Mike4672
Mike4672 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4, LG G3
In each instance in which I've bought a Kindle (and I've bought several) I've always received a serial number prior to the Kindle being shipped. My Paperwhite 2 serial number is showing up in my account now. The expected delivery date is Oct. 1
Mike4672 is offline   Reply With Quote