Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 02:52 AM   #1
Calibrefan
Enthusiast
Calibrefan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
PRS-350 doesn't show series anymore but Calibre does

Somehow, my Sony PRS-350 doesn't show the series anymore, which it always did up to now, while in Calibre they're still perfectly visible. As an example the reader first showed something like this:

The Eye of the World
Jordan, Robert - Wheel of Time 01.00

Now suddenly it shows only:

The Eye of the World
Jordan, Robert

I'm using Calibre 0.8.24 and I recently updated the Sony with PRS+ 2.0.14 beta, as I love the "show next in series" feature, amongst many others. Furthermore, I checked but my plugboards in Calibre are still there and active. Anyone who can help me solve this problem?

format: device-db
device: any device (or PRS505)
template: {author_sort} {series:| - | } {series_index:05.2f}
destination: author_sort
template: {author_sort} {series:| - | } {series_index:05.2f}
destination: authors
template: {series} {series_index:05.2f||-}{title}
destination: title_sort
Calibrefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:50 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibrefan View Post
I'm using Calibre 0.8.24 and I recently updated the Sony with PRS+ 2.0.14 beta, as I love the "show next in series" feature, amongst many others. Furthermore, I checked but my plugboards in Calibre are still there and active. Anyone who can help me solve this problem?
I have the same setup. You might want to, via the 350 menu, format internal memory on the 350 and then resend your books. The only thing you would have to redo from the PRS+ install would be any extra fonts you put in place the the associated CSS files, so back them up first.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 06:21 AM   #3
Calibrefan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I have the same setup. You might want to, via the 350 menu, format internal memory on the 350 and then resend your books. The only thing you would have to redo from the PRS+ install would be any extra fonts you put in place the the associated CSS files, so back them up first.
Thanks very much Walt for trying (again) to help me solving a problem. However, I just formatted the internal memory on the 350 and then resend all my books but the problem persists; the series (collections) are not shown on the 350, only in this way

The Eye of the World
Jordan, Robert

while in Calibre they're perfectly visible and, of course, also the PRS+ "show next in collection" feature doesn't work correctly.

Any other suggestions please?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:38 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Any other suggestions please?
One other idea.

Do you have any other plug boards setup? Maybe a format:ePub plug board you might have been experimenting with. I had a similar problem early in my experimenting then realized I had multiple plug boards competing for the right to update the metadata. If you have other plug boards copy them down then delete them and try again.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
Calibrefan
Enthusiast

Quote:
If you have other plug boards copy them down then delete them and try again.
Unfortunately, the one mentioned is my only plugboard. I hope this doesn't put you out of idea's. Apart from adding PRS+ 2.0.14 beta and activating some of it's features I haven't changed anything else as far as I remember.
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Do you have the information in the series column in Calibre? And you ahve the Device Plugin set to create collections based on Series?

The PRS+ next in series is actually next in collection, so you have to have a properly sorted collection for it to work.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Somehow, my Sony PRS-350 doesn't show the series anymore, which it always did up to now, while in Calibre they're still perfectly visible.
Have you made sure that in Prefs - Plugins - Device Interface - Sony - Customize, the box labelled 'Use author_sort for author' is unchecked?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:18 AM   #8
Calibrefan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Have you made sure that in Prefs - Plugins - Device Interface - Sony - Customize, the box labelled 'Use author_sort for author' is unchecked?
I've never touched the Sony device plugin but I checked and the 'Use author_sort for author' is indeed unchecked.

@Pinecone You're right it's called collection, not series. Calibre shows indeed all the correct information in the series column. In the orginal sample e.g. Sries: Wheel of Time 0,50 (up to 13). I've checked the device plugin and below the explanation regarding "Comma separated list ......" it says "series, tags". I presume that's correct?

The strange thing is that it first worked perfectly correct with all collection named in the right way and the "next in collection" working perfectly. I've checked but the 350 of my daughter has the same problem and both are manged by the same Calibre installation on one computer. Perhaps there is another option which should be checked/unchecked either in Calibre or in PRS+?

Thanks both for trying to help me!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:10 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
both are manged by the same Calibre installation on one computer. Perhaps there is another option which should be checked/unchecked either in Calibre or in PRS+?
Is your Metadata management under Preferences - Sending books to devices set to Automatic management?
Old 11-03-2011, 03:45 AM   #10
Calibrefan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Is your Metadata management under Preferences - Sending books to devices set to Automatic management?
Yes, it is set to Automatic management. Below that, I have:

Format dates as....%b, %Y

Save template..... {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

Apart from setting it to Automatic management I've never touched these latter two items.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:44 AM   #11
Calibrefan
Enthusiast

I don't believe it! A week of full shutdowns/startup's and even a reformat with resending of all books didn't solve the issue, the series information was and remained gone on the Sony. However, after I checked all the options in Calibre, as per your suggestions, without changing anything, as everything was OK and on automatic, I added an additional three epubs and restarted to get back to PRS+ and lo and behold: Everything was back to normal

I have no idea what changed or how the solution came to be, possibly because of the positive vibrations of all those wanting to help, I don't know. But the important thing is the reader up and running again as it should!

Thank you very much all of you for your suggestions. I learned a lot because of that!