Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Chart - all Kindles, Nooks, Sony, Kobo

I can't swear that the Sony and Kobo are up to date. I thought the Sony T was 149.
Also I wish the Ipad had been included just for comparison.

http://paidcontent.org/table/compari...september-2011

I know you know this but just in case, you will have to hit your enlarge buttons on your browser to see the details.

For Firefox to make larger, hit at the same time the two buttons:
(ctrl) (+) --- don't hit the parenthesis please

to make smaller use
(ctrl) (-)

to reset for normal size
(ctrl) (0)

Do it several times until you can see the chart.

Last edited by frahse; 09-30-2011 at 11:57 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:27 AM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
That's a rather cool comparison chart. Good find.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 01:34 AM   #3
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Nice. Shame the pictures arn't to scale though (Amazon Fire looks huge compared to Nook Color), and the Kobo Touch being on an angle.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:23 AM   #4
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Hmmm, nice chart. Thinking after seeing that I should reconsider the Kobo instead of a Kindle.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:19 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
They have a picture of the Sony PRS-600. Way to screw up.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 03:27 AM   #6
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Thanks. I thought it was wrong, but I only knew the price to correlate.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:29 AM   #7
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Hmmm, nice chart. Thinking after seeing that I should reconsider the Kobo instead of a Kindle.
Jeff B is due in Australia for two events very soon.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:16 AM   #8
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I thought it 'was' the old PRS-650. Isn't the price wrong if it is ment to be the PRS-T1. Scrolling down it did say Android so is a I guess it is meant to be the T1.

Quote:
I have one (as does wife) and we much like. The book selection does appear a little better on Amazon for us residing in AU, though on the flipside there are more .epub stores you can hit up giving some choice - plus most the firmware bugs have been ironed out now. Anyway thumbs up from me. If I was purchasing today however I would give the SONY PRS-T1 a decent look too, it's listed as AU$179 with delivery direct from SONY for preorder (ship till 5th Oct) which isn't too bad (considering how we normally get hit with silly markups).

Last edited by molman; 10-01-2011 at 04:34 AM. Reason: PRS-650 not 600
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:32 AM   #9
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I took a look at the chart, and I think they are talking about PRS 650 not T1. They say that it doesn't have Wifi, and that it support lrf. Also, the price is wrong.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #10
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Yes, I noticed that it was a tad smaller (width=4.5 inch).
If memory serves me correctly, the Sony T1 was also narrower. About 4 1/3 inches maybe.

Last edited by frahse; 10-01-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #11
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Yes, it's interesting that they had all the details about the just announced Kindles, but couldn't find the Sony PRS-T1 which was announced a couple of weeks ago... Bias, or just lazy?

Last edited by pholy; 10-02-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: fixed typoes
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
The picture shows a PRS-600, it says it runs Android despite the PRS-T1 being the only android based Sony Reader, and the price is only accurate for the PRS-650.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
basically, that chart is worthless until they fix their mistakes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #14
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
basically, that chart is worthless until they fix their mistakes.
It's only worthless if you actually care about the Sony. I doubt most people do.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #15
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
It's only worthless if you actually care about the Sony. I doubt most people do.
If they got things that badly off for one brand, how can it be trusted for others?
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote