Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
JasonPaulClaire
Enthusiast
JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Question Calibre, RTF and image conversion

Hi guys and I wonder if you can help??? I have a tricky little problem.

I seem to have a problem with Calibre and RTF files. I have a picture in my RTF file (generated through word 2007). Calibre converts the file fine, keeps the formatting to a reasonable format and everything seems hunky-doorey. However, when I view the MOBI file in Amazons Kindle viewer, the image is always reduced to a thumbnail. When I zoom on it, it is pixulated.

I've tried every setting I can find in Calibre and it makes no difference. I've passed the same RTF file through MobiPocket creator, viewed the PRC file and the image does not get scaled and looks as it's supposed to; I'm guessing not a problem in the original RTF file and it's image(s) etc.

I'mprobable doing something really stupid and it can be fixed really easy so If anyone can help and shed light on this, this would be magnificent.

Thank you all in advance for any advice you can give

Take care
Jason
JasonPaulClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is a limitation in calibre when converting RTF files that have images in the WMF format. The simplest workaround is to save the RTF as as webpage (filetered) in Word and convert the resulting html in calibre.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
JasonPaulClaire
Enthusiast
JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JasonPaulClaire has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks for that, I'll try it.

Warmest regards
Jason
Old 01-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
JasonPaulClaire
Enthusiast

The pictures are in JPG, does this apply to this format aswell??
Old 01-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The pictures themselves may be in anyformat, but some software, notable Word embeds the actual picture inside a WMF container in the RTF. Still, feel free to open a ticket and attach your RTF, I'll take a look at it again and see if I can figure out how to fix the WMF conversion.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #6
JasonPaulClaire
Enthusiast

Thanks for that, I'll send you the RTF for you to look at. I've cut down the file to a page or so of text and the image for convience.

Thanks once again for your time and effort

Jason
Old 01-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #7
JasonPaulClaire
Enthusiast

Hi kovidgoyal, Seem to have lost your message....

How do I send you the RTF file

regards
Jason
Old 01-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you have opened a ticket about this issue, then you can attach the file to that.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
JasonPaulClaire
Enthusiast

Opening a ticket

Thanks for that, I haven't conciously opened a ticket....How do I open a ticket in the first place.

Any advice appreciated, thanks
Old 01-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Tickets are open via this page on the Calibre home site. Opening a ticket means the item does not get forgotten amongst the flood of forum messages.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #11
JasonPaulClaire
Enthusiast

Thanks for that. I'll follow the link. Sorry for being dence

Warmest regards
Jason

Tags
calibre conversion, calibre conversion error, images, rtf