Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
KarateMonkey
Connoisseur
KarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litter

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Sony PRS-300
ebookwise minus charger for $20

So I've been poking around eBay looking for a cheap backup reader and noticed that there are a bunch of ebookwise readers available with starting bids of around $20. Most of them have quite a bit of time left so, of course they could go higher, but they're offered without a charger and there are at least 11 available so my bet is the price will stay low.

So if you've already got a charger, or know where to find one cheap this could be a great deal.
KarateMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I think it was posted in another thread that ebookwise have a special going at the moment, brand new they are selling for $89.95. So at that price the second-hand ones from ebay would want to fairly cheap.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2009, 08:05 AM   #3
KarateMonkey
Connoisseur
KarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litter

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Sony PRS-300
I don't know I saw plenty of Hanlins available for the low price of $100 more than they cost new direct from Astak or Bebook.
KarateMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #4
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarateMonkey View Post
[...] there are a bunch of ebookwise readers available with starting bids of around $20.
But they are untested, "came off a pallet." They might be good, but equally they might be non-working units.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
When I see units with no chargers, my first thought is that they are probably stolen. These may not be, but it's quite odd, nonetheless.

Of course, it may be that these are end-run units being dumped by the manufacturer and the matching chargers are being used for some other unit. Or that they are re-manufactured units (which may or may not work well).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert