Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The Idiot's Guide to running Igorsk's Python Scripts

This is how I run Igorsk's Python scripts on Windows XP. And yes, this method can be applied to other scripts.

1. Download and install Python.
1a. Do not configure it. Do not set any variables. Do not set any path names.

2. Create a folder to work in, and copy the Python script you want to run to that folder. Then copy the ebooks you want to work on to that folder.

3. In the working folder, make a new text file. (At this point it gets a little complicated.) Assuming you want to run kindlefix.py script, each line of the text file needs to look something like this:

kindlefix.py file.mobi YourKindlesPID

3a. You need to have one line for each ebook. make sure that on each line the file.mobi is replaced by the filename of one of the ebooks. Also, do not put the same ebook on two different lines.

3b. On the last line of the file, add the word pause. It needs to be on a line by itself.

4. Rename the text file to something.BAT. The file is now a batch file. This is a remnant of MS-DOS, and basically each line of that file is one set of commands for the DOS command line.

5. Double-click on the file. A DOS window should open, and you should see it working. If it isn't working, please copy the error message here and attach a copy of your batch file.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
quasimorte
quasimorte began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
not working on book

thanks for the script worked a few times but not on my latest attempt.

the error message reads
indexerror: string index out of range
and here is a copy of my batch file.
test.bat
i removed the PID but it is accurate
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
quasimorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasimorte View Post
thanks for the script worked a few times but not on my latest attempt.
Do you have the most recent version .05?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
quasimorte
quasimorte began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Well that did it. Thought I had the latest. thanks v0.05 worked
quasimorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:48 AM   #5
archpope
archpope began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
I can't really find any information specific to my device (Hanlin V3) but I would think that it would work the same. This guide was the closest thing to idiot-proof that I could find, but it still didn't work.

File "D:\Downloads\DRM Removal Package\mobipocket\mobiDeDRM005.py", line 22
print "Bad key length!"
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I used the key generated by ebooks.com for me. Their program was confusing, as to whether I should put in the PID for my computer or my reader. I put it in for my computer, but the damn program won't let me transfer it to my V3. But just in case, I tried both numbers. Same result. In both cases the PID is 10 characters.

I'm not really even sure which program to use. I tried them all. I got the same result from every program. I don't know the difference between MobiDeDRM003 and 005.

One more thing. The filename I downloaded was a .prc file, not a .mobi file. I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

I know you thought your post was idiot-proof; you really didn't expect a whole new breed of idiot, now did you

Däch

Last edited by archpope; 03-30-2009 at 04:51 AM.
archpope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #6
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Do you have the most recent version .05?

BOb
Version 0.05? Where's a link, please...

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by archpope View Post
I can't really find any information specific to my device (Hanlin V3) but I would think that it would work the same. This guide was the closest thing to idiot-proof that I could find, but it still didn't work.

File "D:\Downloads\DRM Removal Package\mobipocket\mobiDeDRM005.py", line 22
print "Bad key length!"
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Are you running Python 2.6? Python 3.0 does not work.

The MOBI ebooks are not device specific, except for the PID, so a Hanlin V3 should be ok. Also, you can use the PID from your Windows PC if you like, since mobidedrm removes the DRM anyway.

If all you want to do is get the MOBI working on your Hanlin, then there should be no need to strip the DRM. Most sites let you register multiple PIDs (typically up to 4). So register both the Windows and the Hanlin PID, then redownload the ebook. This copy should work "as is" on your Hanlin.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Version 0.05? Where's a link, please...

Derek
Thanks to those who sent me info and a download link.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:58 AM   #9
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Thanks to those who sent me info and a download link.

Derek
Could the same kind people please tell me what to do with the file now that I've downloaded it? It unzips at a txt file; should I rename it to py? And then?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
j2jensen
j2jensen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Windows Version

The new idiot's guide to running Igorsk's scripts:
  1. Download the Windows Program here
  2. Enter your Kindle's Serial Number
  3. Click Generate
  4. Click Browse and select the MobiPocket file