Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #271
gouni
Connoisseur
gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loceka View Post
Well the Kobo team seems to care about their customers.
They repaired the arrow that opens the keyboard of dictionaries ?

I sent a bug report but no answers.
gouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #272
thoreau
Enthusiast
thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KOA
I had good luck converting stardict to csv to look at a file in excel, but when I try to convert that .csv to anything else except sd (I want a kobo dict) I get an error:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "penelope.py", line 2092, in <module>
main()
File "penelope.py", line 2068, in main
write_to_kobo_format(config, parsed_data, debug)
File "penelope.py", line 1217, in write_to_kobo_format
p = subprocess.Popen([MARISA_BUILD_PATH, "-l", "-o", index_filename], stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stdin=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.PIPE)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 679, in __init__
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1228, in _execute_child
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

So I tried updating to python 3.3, but even after calling the new version of python from /usr/local/bin/python3, and the penelope3.py script, I still receive this error:

Spoiler:
Quote:
[INFO] Creating compressed index file words...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "penelope3.py", line 2094, in <module>
main()
File "penelope3.py", line 2072, in main
write_to_kobo_format(config, parsed_data, debug)
File "penelope3.py", line 1221, in write_to_kobo_format
p = subprocess.Popen([MARISA_BUILD_PATH, "-l", "-o", index_filename], stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stdin=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.PIPE)
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.3/lib/python3.3/subprocess.py", line 820, in __init__
restore_signals, start_new_session)
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.3/lib/python3.3/subprocess.py", line 1438, in _execute_child
raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/alberto/.bin/marisa-0.2.0/tools/marisa-build'

Any ideas? The two errors seem closely related, but I'm afraid I've troubleshooted to my knowledge. Thanks.

edit: this is running on Mac OSX 10.8.2

Last edited by thoreau; 05-12-2013 at 06:44 PM.
thoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #273
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
It looks like you do not have MARISA executables compiled and/or you did not modify the corresponding path in penelope.py.

Instructions can be found here: http://www.albertopettarin.it/penelope.html

Last edited by AlPe; 05-13-2013 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Typo: "ca" => "can"
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #274
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouni View Post
They repaired the arrow that opens the keyboard of dictionaries ?

I sent a bug report but no answers.
It looks they did.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #275
thoreau
Enthusiast
thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
It looks like you do not have MARISA executables compiled and/or you did not modify the corresponding path in penelope.py.

Instructions ca be found here: http://www.albertopettarin.it/penelope.html
Whoops. RTFM indeed. Thank you kindly.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #276
lollazzo
lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Custom dictionary didn't work with 2.5.2
lollazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:28 AM   #277
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Custom dictionaries are working in 2.5.2. When you install a new firmware, a custom dictionary may be replaced by the official Kobo dictionary. Did you remember to copy your custom dictionary back onto the device (.kobo/dict)? You may also need to refresh the cache by changing the dictionary language to something else and then back again.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:40 AM   #278
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoreau View Post
Whoops. RTFM indeed. Thank you kindly.
Sure, no problem. I will add a check in the next version, so that the user will get a clear error message if he or she has not MARISA compiled.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:41 AM   #279
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Custom dictionaries are working in 2.5.2.
I confirm.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #280
thoreau
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Sure, no problem. I will add a check in the next version, so that the user will get a clear error message if he or she has not MARISA compiled.
That would be helpful. Marisa requires a C complier (obviously) to compile the code, and on my mac, this required installing xcode command line tools. Ironically, compiling gcc required a compiler (a sort of chicken and egg thing). It might be helpful to include that in the documentation/advisory about marisa.

I'm not a dev, so google was my friend, and thankfully marisa came with very basic readme's, but I still spent a good few hours trying to work around the 1.6 gig download of xcode, just to get a several bit piece of code into my path lookup (ugh).

Thank you AlPe.

edit: on a side note, I now appreciate the dictionary that Penelope converted far more than I would the same file spit out from a gui...

Last edited by thoreau; 05-13-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #281
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

You are welcome.

I understand your pain, I work on both Debian and Mac OS X --- the last one just because I get to work with Mac-only programs and stuff. Both my two laptops are ThinkPad's with Debian + Awesome...

I have just sent an email to MARISA's developer, asking him if he minds including compiled binaries in MARISA Google Code page.

At the next release, I will update the docs as well.

Meanwhile, another solution for Windows/Mac OS X users consists in using a Live Linux distro inside VirtualBox.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #282
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Quote:
edit: on a side note, I now appreciate the dictionary that Penelope converted far more than I would the same file spit out from a gui...
My Latin ancestors said: "Per aspera sic itur ad astra" ("By overcoming difficult times one get to the stars".)
Old 05-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #283
DannyY
DannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheeseDannyY can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Marisa

Quote:
That would be helpful. Marisa requires a C complier (obviously) to compile the code, and on my mac, this required installing xcode command line tools. Ironically, compiling gcc required a compiler (a sort of chicken and egg thing). It might be helpful to include that in the documentation/advisory about marisa.

I'm not a dev, so google was my friend, and thankfully marisa came with very basic readme's, but I still spent a good few hours trying to work around the 1.6 gig download of xcode, just to get a several bit piece of code into my path lookup (ugh).

Thank you AlPe.

The very helpful Shellshock has already posted the compiled Marisa as an attachment here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...15#post2307615
DannyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #284
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Thanks for the reference, but please note the marisa binary in my post is for Windows only.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #285
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

No replies so far from MARISA's developer.

@ShellShock: are your EXE files compiled under a 32- or 64-bit machine? I prefer the original developer having the built executables on that Google Code Project, but since I see a raise in the number of emails from people asking for them to use them with Penelope, I am tempted to "mirror" them on Penelope's Google Code --- in case, is it ok for you if I copy your files there? Or I can give you access to Penelope's Google Code repo, if you prefer.