Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #16
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Dark Blue: Color Me Lonely with Bonus Content [Kindle Edition] Melody Carlson (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Blue-Lone...154606011_f_61

Quote:
Kara Hendricks and Jordan Ferguson have been best friends since kindergarten. That is until Jordan started hanging out with a new "cool" crowd and decided Kara was a popularity liability.

Devastated, Kara feels betrayed and abandoned by everyone--even God. Yet for all the hurt and insecurity, these dark blue days contain a life-changing secret. Kara has the chance to discover something about herself that she never knew before.

This first book in the teen fiction series TrueColors deals with self-worth, identity, and loneliness.

Includes bonus chapter taken from Forgotten by Melody Carlson.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:02 AM   #17
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gift of Christmas Present, The [Kindle Edition] Melody Carlson (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Gift-Christmas...4856434&sr=1-2

Quote:
College student Christine Bradley grew up in a loving and honest family. So she couldn't have been more surprised when, shortly after her mother's death, her father revealed the startling truth that Christine had been adopted at birth.In search of clues about her biological mother, Christine encounters a family she never knew she had. She digs deeper as Christmas nears and what she finds reveals a shocking lineage. Will Christine be able to come to grips with the past, take hold of the present, and look forward to a brighter future? Carlson's warm tale of loss, recovery, and acceptance will captivate current fans and create new ones.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #18
bookratt
Wizard

Return from Tomorrow [Kindle Edition] George G. Ritchie (Author), Elizabeth Sherrill (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Return-from-To...154606011_f_54

Quote:
At the age of twenty, George Ritchie died in an Army hospital. Nine minutes later, he returned to life. What happened to him during those minutes was so compelling that it changed his life forever. In Return from Tomorrow, Ritchie tells of his transforming encounter with the Son of God, who led him to encounters with other nonphysical beings at the very doorway of eternity.

Ritchie's extraordinary experience not only altered his view of eternity, but it has also altered the lives of hundreds of thousands of readers. One of the most startling and hopeful descriptions of the realm beyond, this classic will inspire readers from all walks of life. It includes a brand-new preface from Elizabeth Sherrill.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #19
bookratt
Wizard

Repeat freebie from 2011...

Thicker than Blood [Kindle Edition] C. J. Darlington (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Thicker-than-B...154606011_f_26

Quote:
Christy Williams finally has her life on track. She’s putting her past behind her and working hard to build a career as an antiquarian book buyer. But things begin to unravel when a stolen Hemingway first edition is found in her possession, framing her for a crime she didn’t commit. With no one to turn to, she yearns for her estranged younger sister, May, whom she abandoned after their parents’ untimely deaths. Soon, Christy’s fleeing from her shattered dreams, her ex-boyfriend, and God. Could May’s Triple Cross Ranch be the safe haven she’s searching for? Will the sisters realize that each possesses what the other desperately needs before it’s too late? A stunning debut from the latest Christian Writers Guild winner.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:26 AM   #20
bookratt
Wizard

Miss Match: A Lauren Holbrook Novel with Bonus Content [Kindle Edition] Erynn Mangum (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Miss-Match-Hol..._158280011_f_2

Quote:
Lauren Holbrook has found her life's calling: matchmaking for the romantically challenged. And with the eclectic cast of characters in her world, there's tons of potential to play "connect the friends."

Lauren sets out to introduce Nick, her carefree singles' pastor, to Ruby, her neurotic coworker who plans every second of every day. What could possibly go wrong? Just about everything.

Includes bonus chapter taken from Rematch by Erynn Mangum.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #21
bookratt
Wizard

My True Love Gave To Me. . . [Kindle Edition] Christine Lynxwiler (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/True-Love-Gave..._158280011_f_3

Quote:
2005 American Christian Fiction Writers' Book of the Year - Novella Category --- Skipping Christmas meets RV in this funny, heartwarming novella. Penny Lassiter has a comfortable holiday routine with her family and friends--until her husband gets laid off from work and seemingly undergoes a personality transplant. When he comes home with a travel atlas and the keys to a borrowed RV, he turns her cookie-cutter Christmas plans into perfect chaos. She has no choice but to buckle herself and the kids in for a crazy cross-country ride that defies all of her expectations and redefines her priorities in a way she has never imagined.

SHORT EXCERPT: "I gritted my teeth and shifted the cardboard box against the spindly pull-down attic ladder. Whoever invented these contraptions obviously hadn’t considered that people would be going up and down the narrow steps with their arms full.

Of course, I could be transferring my aggravation to some nameless inventor instead of placing the blame where it belonged—squarely on the shoulders of my beloved husband and his recent mysterious attitude.

“The—” I pressed the side of my face against the cardboard, clutching my burden tightly, in spite of the dust particles crawling up my nose. “—very—” I lowered one foot, tapping air until I found the next step. It would be a disaster to fall with this box. “—idea!” I jumped off the last step and landed with a thud, gripping my priceless cargo.

For sixteen years, Thanksgiving afternoon at the Lassiters had meant one thing—putting up the Christmas tree.

I set the old box carefully on the hardwood floor in the den and stared at the words I’d written the year Phillip and I had married—Fragile: Christmas Ornaments. On the corner of the box, where I always denoted our storage containers as Summer or Winter or Open When Amanda Turns Ten, I had printed Thanksgiving Day. Even then, at the ripe old age of twenty, I never left anything to chance. Spell it out. No beating around the bush.

No doubt about it, today was the day.

So why had my husband, who loved Christmas as much as I did, announced cryptically at breakfast that instead of putting up the tree this afternoon he had something else planned? Granted, he’d been acting strange for at least a week, but his proclamation had thrown my whole day off kilter. And then, he’d driven off after lunch to take his parents home without another word about it."
Old 12-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #22
bookratt
Wizard

Texas Weddings (Books Three and Four): Sweet Charity & Banking on Love [Kindle Edition] Janice Thompson (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Texas-Weddings...158280011_f_13

Quote:
BOOK THREE: SWEET CHARITY: A vivacious, undisciplined two year old named Charity has Shauna Alexander seriously questioning her calling as a child care provider. The toddler seems to thrive on wrecking havoc wherever she goes. Pastor Kent Chapman’s heart is still raw from losing his wife. He knows he spoils his daughter, but he can’t help but see his wife in her. Then during a computer repair mix-up, Kent finds himself distracted by Shauna. But when Shauna’s and Kent’s worlds collide over the rebellious toddler’s behavior, both must learn to accept responsibility and work toward reconciliation. Will the Lord cause Kent to choose between his daughter and his heart? Or will love sweeten Charity and their future?

BOOK FOUR: BANKING ON LOVE: Success defines Kellie Fisher. She’s always had a head for numbers and vision of the tomorrow. But when her father is hospitalized, she leaves the big city behind and rushes to be at her parents’ side. Nathan Fisher loves his life. His wife Kellie is beautiful; his condo is top of the line; his job is about to make him a partner. But something has changed Kellie, and Nathan’s heart is torn between Houston’s bustle and his wife, who is learning to live and love today. Could Nathan s priorities be bankrupt in the eyes of the one he loves most?
Old 12-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #23
bookratt
Wizard

Angel In The Saloon (Brides of Glory Gulch) [Kindle Edition] Jeanne Marie Leach (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Saloon-B...158280011_f_15

Quote:
Upon her mother’s death, twenty-year-old Amelia Jackson must go live with an aunt she didn’t know existed, who owns a saloon in the raucous lumber town of Glory Gulch, Colorado. Amelia, a Christian who is blind, faces the prospect of living in a saloon with doubt and trepidation, and must rely on all her faith to make the new arrangement work.

As her time in Glory Gulch stretches on, old family secrets surface, and Amelia and her aunt are forced to become the family they always were but never knew.

When two lumber men vie for her attentions, her young, inexperienced heart is frayed, and she must rely on her aunt’s advice to try to make sense of it all. As Amelia faces danger, betrayal, and accusations, the only thing she can do is remain strong in her faith in God and trust him to work everything out. Can relationships be healed, hurts forgiven, and anger controlled because of the unwavering beliefs of one Christian refusing to yield under pressure? Or does this rough place get the better of Amelia and send her packing back to an empty life in which she no longer fits? Could she possibly find love the most unlikely place---a saloon?
Old 12-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #24
bookratt
Wizard

A repeat freebie...

The Narrow Path [Kindle Edition] Gail Sattler (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Narrow-Pat...158280011_f_20

Quote:
The Narrow Path is a story about a couple who must face their differences and learn to work together as they look toward a lifetime of love. Miranda Klassen’s Mennonite church is big and modern and she loves the mixture of faith, action, and activity. But in order to follow her dream she moves across the country to a small town to organize the 75th anniversary celebration of an Old Order Mennonite church. Ted Wiebe has been assigned to assist and guide Miranda, feeling good that his church has chosen another Mennonite. But except for sharing the same basic faith and denomination, their churches have nothing else in common. His church embraces old-style roots, so Ted expects to find someone similar at the airport: a woman who never wears pants, no body piercing (including pierced ears), no makeup, and wearing a head covering as a sign of modesty, someone else who lives in accordance with old-fashioned values. But the woman who acknowledges him is wearing unreasonably high and outlandishly expensive shoes, denim jeans, and makeup, including bright red lipstick. As she gets off the plane she’s fiddling with an iPod and yapping on the cell phone. When Miranda enters Ted’s church and community she feels like she’s been transported back into Little House On The Prairie. Ted is supposed to help Miranda fit in, and Miranda is supposed to help his church reach out into the community. When it’s time to start planning and organizing for the celebration, then the fun really begins.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #25
bookratt
Wizard

A Good-Hearted Man [Kindle Edition] Barbara Kaylor (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/A-Good-Hearted...158280011_f_28

Quote:
Sarina Bridges is alone, broke, and homeless. On her quest to find the safe place promised by God, she reluctantly trespasses onto private property with the notion she won’t be discovered. She just needs a good night’s sleep under a roof. In the morning, she’ll be long gone. At least that’s her plan. What happens next is straight out of her dreams, but quickly turns nightmarish.

Jess Slinger, former wrestler turned farrier, desires a wife and family to share the fifty-five acre farm he inherited from the couple who took him in and led him to the Lord. When he discovers Sarina asleep in his garden shed, Jess knows in his heart it’s a divine act of God. Instead of calling the law, Jess extends a helping hand, a move that enrages locals not keen having strangers in their midst, especially the law breaking kind.

Sarina suddenly finds herself a target of hate then accused of a crime she didn’t commit. Willing to risk it all, Jess vows to protect Sarina no matter what. The two are drawn to each other, but dark secrets they each carry endanger their chance for love and happiness. Only a strong faith in God can help them overcome the obstacles that keep them apart.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #26
bookratt
Wizard

Covenant, The (Abram's Daughters Book #1) [Kindle Edition] Beverly Lewis (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Covenant-Abram...158280011_f_36

Quote:
Book 1 of Abram's Daughters series from bestselling author Beverly Lewis. Years of secrecy bind the tiny community of Gobbler's Knob together more than the present inhabitants know, and the Plain folk who farm the land rarely interact with the fancy locals. So when Sadie is beguiled by a dark-haired English boy, it is Sadie's younger sister, Leah, who suffers from her sister's shameful loss of innocence. And what of Leah's sweetheart, Jonas Mast, sent to Ohio under the Bishop's command? Drawn into an incomprehensible pact with her older sister, Leah finds her dreams spinning out of control, even as she clings desperately to the promises of God. The Covenant begins a powerful Lancaster portrait of the power of family and the miracle of hope.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #27
bookratt
Wizard

Paper Roses (Texas Dreams, Book 1) (Texas Dreams Trilogy) [Kindle Edition]
Amanda Cabot (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Roses-Dr...158280011_f_49

Quote:
The future stretches out in front of Sarah Dobbs like the pure blue Texas sky. Leaving the past behind in Philadelphia, mail-order bride Sarah arrives in San Antonio ready to greet her groom, Austin Canfield, a man she has never met but whose letters have won her heart from afar. But there is one problem--he has died. And Sarah cannot go back East.

As Sarah tries to reconcile herself to a future that is drastically changed, Austin's brother, Clay, struggles with his own muddled plans. Though he dislikes working on the family ranch and longs for a different life, Clay is driven to avenge his brother's death. But something between them is growing and neither Clay nor Sarah is ready to admit it.

Book 1 of the Texas Dreams series, Paper Roses will sweep readers into the Hill Country with a tale of love and loss, closed doors and beautiful possibilities that will leave them wanting more.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #28
bookratt
Wizard

Gentleman of Her Dreams (A Ladies of Distinction novella) [Kindle Edition]
Jen Turano (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Gentleman-Drea...158280011_f_54

Quote:
When Miss Charlotte Wilson asks God for a husband, she decides He must want her to pursue Mr. Hamilton Beckett, the catch of the season. The only problem? She's never actually met Hamilton. Fortunately, one of her oldest and dearest friends, Mr. Henry St. James--who has returned to New York after a two-year absence--does know Hamilton. Much to Henry's chagrin, Charlotte immediately ropes him into helping her meet Hamilton. However, none of her plans to catch Hamilton's eye go as she expected, and she is even more confused when her old feelings for Henry begin to resurrect themselves. In the midst of the mayhem Charlotte always seems to cause, she wonders if the gentleman of her dreams might be an entirely different man than she thought.This novella is a companion to A Change of Fortune, Jen Turano's full-length debut novel, available fall 2012!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #29
bookratt
Wizard

Affirmations for Better Living [Kindle Edition]
Kalimba Love (Author, Photographer), David Torrella (Photographer), SAMM (Photographer), Alexander Glinton (Photographer)

http://www.amazon.com/Affirmations-f...158280011_f_66

Quote:
An affirmation is a declarative statement of truth. This volume includes 52 sets of very powerful positive affirmations that will Uplift, Motivate, Inspire & Empower you. When you make these declarations, you set forces into motion that begin to transform your mind…and therefore, your attitude and ultimately your actions and your outcomes.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #30
bookratt
Wizard

Everything the Bible Says About Parenting and Children: How does God show his love for children?How can I raise my children to know right from wrong? How ... the Bible say about discipline? (Religion) [Kindle Edition]
Baker Publishing Group (Author), Aaron Sharp (Contributor)

http://www.amazon.com/Everything-Bib...154606011_f_93

Quote:
What Does the Bible Say about Parenting and Children?Every mom and dad wants to be a better parent. Year after year countless experts write books explaining the best ways to raise children, but what does God say about it? Everything the Bible Says About Parenting and Children goes straight to the source of all truth to give insight into raising families God's way. All of the scriptural references on the topic have been collected and explained clearly and concisely, using trustworthy commentaries to give context where needed.The book's length and focus make it perfect for readers on the go who love the Word of God.