Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #46
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Similarly the 6 books which did transfer across for me were all part of a 20-odd book spending spree I had when FW last had a 60% off sale, but they're 6 random books. Others bought at the same time in the same series, same author, same publisher, haven't yet appeared.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #47
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
RIP Fictionwise.

They were destroyed by the agency model.

Only 18 of 200+ books transferred to Barnes and Noble. Fortunately, I have all the non-agency books backed up.

Last edited by Angst; 11-16-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #48
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rft183 View Post
You can add me to the "email address doesn't match" list... I hate dealing with b&n.
I have the same issue. I am going to wait and try again later this weekend.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #49
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Wow, harsh.

The lesson seems to be: strip the DRM and archive a copy for yourself every time you buy a book.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #50
rft183
rft183 began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Wow, harsh.

The lesson seems to be: strip the DRM and archive a copy for yourself every time you buy a book.
You are exactly right
rft183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #51
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Wow, harsh.

Precisely! Those people that whine that it is breaking the law need to just shut up!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #52
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Out of 14 books purchased, only one transferred. It was the first of a 6-book series. Interesting that the remaining five did not transfer.

ALL my books are immediately backed up after purchase so I have no fear of losing them. (Time to send another Paypal 'thank you' to Calibre.)
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #53
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
It was Fictionwise that finally spurred me to download and liberate all of my ebooks about a year and a half ago. I had purchased several books around Christmas, and then immediately forgot about the purchase and didn't download them at that time. It was about a month later that I finally remembered and went to download the books, and several were unavailable for download. They were all Random House titles. Apparently Random House had pulled out of Fictionwise, and the titles were no longer available. They were on my FW bookshelf, but when I clicked the download link I got the "unavailable" message. After several emails to both Fictionwise and Random House, it was apparent I was never going to get those dozen or so titles.

I wonder if there is an off chance they might transfer over to my B&N account? I won't hold my breath.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #54
InStim
InStim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage, Sony PRS-505
I have the "email doesn't match issue also. My address is the same on the Fictionwise and B&N accounts, and they had the proper address in the link supplied in the email.

I called B&N support and they directed me to email support@fictionwise.com regarding the concern. I have not received a response yet.
InStim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #55
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Out of about 600 books I have gotten 11 to transfer and they are the most random of titles as noted by others. Hopefully more show up, but I have them all DRM freed long ago and in Calibre so no big deal either way.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #56
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Interesting - I only had two show up so far, but neither one will open on my Nook. They claim to not be compatible with this device. And trying to download from the web gets a popup saying "Oops! TechnicalDifficulties"

I think someone forgot to beta test.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #57
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That's too bad, I was just about to open an account there ...
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #58
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
This makes me sad. I purchased my first ebook (Sword of Shannara) through Peanut Press to read on my Palm Vx. While I have bought anything from them since I got my Kindle almost 3 years ago, I'm sorry to see them shut down.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #59
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by InStim View Post
I have the "email doesn't match issue also. My address is the same on the Fictionwise and B&N accounts, and they had the proper address in the link supplied in the email.
I called B&N support and they directed me to email support@fictionwise.com regarding the concern. I have not received a response yet.
Thanks for the info. Let us know please if you hear anything back.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #60
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
14 of my 36 books transferred. This was a surprise to me since I didn't find Fictionwise that long ago, so these were fairly recent purchases of current titles. Given that none of the Donald Bain books transferred, I wonder if some of this is because the contract with the author ends with the switchover?

Not a problem for me either. Mine were all multiformat and didn't appear to have any DRM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote