Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 05:59 AM   #31
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
the 3 for ref. since we are side by siding

Code:
[root@kindle root]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor	: ARMv6-compatible processor rev 3 (v6l)
BogoMIPS	: 511.18
Features	: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java 
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 6TEJ
CPU variant	: 0x1
CPU part	: 0xb36
CPU revision	: 3
Cache type	: write-back
Cache clean	: cp15 c7 ops
Cache lockdown	: format C
Cache format	: Harvard
I size		: 16384
I assoc		: 4
I line length	: 32
I sets		: 128
D size		: 16384
D assoc		: 4
D line length	: 32
D sets		: 128
Hardware	: Amazon MX35 Luigi Board
Revision	: 35020
Serial		: "B006"
BoardId		: "Blah"

total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:           250        246          3          0         25        117
-/+ buffers/cache:        104        146
Swap:            0          0          0
Linux kindle 2.6.26-rt-lab126 #5 Sat Sep 1 14:28:26 PDT 2012 armv6l GNU/Linux

Last edited by twobob; 10-05-2012 at 06:01 AM. Reason: size
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #32
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 4
oh, is it "get your specs out for the lads" time? :P

kindle 4, grey:

Code:
[root@kindle root]# cat /proc/cpuinfo; free -m; uname -a
Processor	: ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS	: 159.90
Features	: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant	: 0x2
CPU part	: 0xc08
CPU revision	: 5

Hardware	: Amazon.com MX50 YOSHI Board
Revision	: 50011
Serial		: "B00E***"
BoardId		: "***"
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:           250        236         13          0         60         62
-/+ buffers/cache:        114        136
Swap:            0          0          0
Linux kindle 2.6.31-rt11-lab126 #5 Fri May 25 21:29:40 PDT 2012 armv7l unknown
[root@kindle root]#
hippy dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #33
digimuzik
Bus Geek
digimuzik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digimuzik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digimuzik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It sounds like the OP wants hacks before the device is released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
And for once, I have to agree with JSWolf: the device has been out for a mere 2 days now, and most of the devs (including myself) are still waiting to even receive it. To expect that there are ready-to-use hacks at this time is just ridiculous - heck, we don't even know how to jailbreak that thing yet!
I never expected anything would be out already. Yeesh! I asked if anyone was "planning development" in this area and if not, put a bug in developers' ears (which I think has happened).

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Why do you think that the above request list does not involve your field, software?
It's still interacting with hardware. Even though I took electrical engineering in school, my brain has been muddied this past half decade by pure computer programming only. Give me a website or some open-source software, and I can tweak it to do whatever I want. Give me access to hardware interaction like a touch screen, and I'll tinker, but I have zero experience with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
... Proper ettiquette says to wait at least one month after the release date to then start asking for hacks unless you start to see such before then.
Never heard of that, but makes sense. Thanks. Never meant to offend anyone or break some unwritten rule (I did check to see if, like XDA, you aren't supposed to post in here unless you made something yourself). I just wanted to spark discussion, which it seems I have.
digimuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #34
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimuzik View Post
Specifically, I'd love to see:
  • Customizable touch zones (make the lower-left corner ALSO turn the next page)
  • Gesture support (Seriously, why didn't Amazon include this: two fingers for light control)
Cool ideas. I'd add getting rid of the "Personal" banner on the covers of personal docs.

Note that I don't think anyone is showing impatience with the development community or being pushy. Just sharing some ideas. I apologize if adding further ideas is perceived as out of line.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #35
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimuzik View Post
It's still interacting with hardware. Even though I took electrical engineering in school, my brain has been muddied this past half decade by pure computer programming only. Give me a website or some open-source software, and I can tweak it to do whatever I want. Give me access to hardware interaction like a touch screen, and I'll tinker, but I have zero experience with it.
Aw, so ....
I can see now that it is just a matter of the terminology in use.

What you say you don't do is: System's Programming.
What you say you do is: Application's Programming.

If the system's event interface provides outputs for those actions, then what you request is a matter of: Application's Programming.

The System's Programming layer(s) between you and the hardware will deal with the hardware for you.

Gestures are typically presented as if they where key presses -

So if you can handle some strange key press (? Alt-Ctrl-Mode-Shift-X ?) then you can handle a touch screen gesture.
Without even knowing it came from a touch screen.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gestures, screen brightness, zone