Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #736
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
How sure are you, that your default fonts got replaced... *hrhr*

Nowhere in system land as far as I know. But to troubleshoot, use the Type light font editor (Windows) to edit the Metadata of your fonts. Change all "Name fields" (also the ones under advancd) to one and the same simple Name starting with a Letter from A-G - also be sure, that the naming scheme of the four files per font (regular, italic, bold, bolditalic) is exactly as ist should be (search this forum to find the correct naming pattern) - otherwise a custom font simply wont show up using the ;fc-cache method.

It might be as simple as that.

Removing the fonts from the fonts folder in userland and executing ;fc-cache again will "uninstall" custom fonts - so it might very well be that they are just stored in cache - as the ;fc-cache command suggests..

Last edited by notimp; 09-27-2012 at 08:50 AM.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #737
MarvinO
MarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Touch
I am quite sure. I did a screenshot before and after. The biggest changes are "a" and "e" that are clearly different.
MarvinO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #738
MarvinO
MarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Touch
Just tried the uninstall method and it worked. So /fonts and ;fc-cache is ideal for updating the default font to a new version.

This time used the default names: Caecilia_LT_65_Medium.ttf, Caecilia_LT_66_Medium_Italic.ttf etc. and it worked Thanks for this method!

Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle_font.gif
Views:	452
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	92951
(Click to enlarge)

17:10 is 5.40 from K3/K4 latest patch, 17:16 is the lastest in Touch 5.1.2 - that is v5.00 beta of Caecilia font.

Last edited by MarvinO; 09-27-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: The font version is 5.40 ofcourse.
MarvinO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #739
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Ah. Well that's good info. Thanks!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #740
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
@MarvinO: Thanks and it works. Just replaced all three default fonts with the new ones. Leave the filenames as they are by default. As stated above.

Last edited by notimp; 09-27-2012 at 03:05 PM.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #741
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

okay. I'm confused. I can't run the uninstaller. hmm. thinking.. EDIT: Or the installer. hmm.. odd

Last edited by twobob; 09-28-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #742
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: I'm not sure what you've been trying to do with update packages since yesterday, but FWIW, the Touch doesn't behave like the K3 when you drop an update file from SSH: it doesn't get picked up automatically. There's a lipc call hidden in the K5 wiki page to launch the updater manually in these cases .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #743
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
okay. I'm confused. I can't run the uninstaller. hmm. thinking..
Extrapolating from your other recent posts, which all stated that you can't install/uninstall various packages: check your jailbreak. (I don't know *why* the jailbreak would have been uninstalled, but it's the same symptom all over the place.)

Code:
[root@kindle root]# md5sum /etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem 
7130ce39bb3596c5067cabb377c7a9ed  /etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem
^ the above *is* the jailbreak.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #744
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Aaand, yeah, if by can't run you actually meant: run but fails with a U00*, what ixtab said .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #745
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@twobob: I'm not sure what you've been trying to do with update packages since yesterday, but FWIW, the Touch doesn't behave like the K3 when you drop an update file from SSH: it doesn't get picked up automatically. There's a lipc call hidden in the K5 wiki page to launch the updater manually in these cases .
Ah yes.

If you are trying to run update_*.bin files, make sure that you copy them via USB "disk" mode. If you simply scp them, the K5 won't see them. So:
- disable usbnetwork
- copy file while in "disk" mode
- "eject" Kindle
- update.

Or: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...e_installation
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #746
twobob

DOH. Honestly. the amount of docs I keep eating, it's amazing they aren't coming out of my ears. I had read that page (before) just doesn't sink in sometimes.
must note lipc command and shove into a WAF (I've done the ScrenSaver call on a WAF now.)

Thanks again. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=189781
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.ota startUpdate 1
got it.

sigh...

and yes I utterly trashed my JB at some point and recovered it via gratuitous reinstalling. and No. I'm not proud of myself
Old 09-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #747
blanca_luz
blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle DXi-Touch-Keyboard-FireHD; Nook Touch Glowlight; Sony PRS-T1...
Incredible!!!!
This is just GREAT!!!!
I never understood why Amazon removed my beloved chapter-marks in Touch, but now I can have them again
And the possibility of changing horizontal margins... Fantastic!!!
Be able to see the covers on the home page... Terrific!!!

A BIG THANKS to all of you who make this device a lot more customizable.

blanca_luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #748
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
ixtab!

I noticed just now what I suspect to be a very interesting side effect of your font size patch.

I've added custom fonts using the USE_ALT_FONTS + ;fc-cache simple hack.
With your patch I've reset font sizes removing those unuseful EXTREMELY-LARGE setting.

In the Aa dialog, after the line with official fonts, there are now THREE lines for custom fonts instead of two. I guess that being the font size line shorter, there's more place for listing custom files.

Wouldn't it be possible to set the height of the "Aa" dialog?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-09-29T20_02_08-0200.gif
Views:	307
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	93063  
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:16 AM   #749
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
I have jbpatch v 2.40, and whenever I try to configure the text size to below 7, and I select that font size, it just stays on the size it's already at.
Hum, now this is strange. I have the font sizes patch configured, but not activated. It's affecting azw2 and mobi books, but it's doing nothing to azw3 books.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:02 AM   #750
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
Hum, now this is strange. I have the font sizes patch configured, but not activated. It's affecting azw2 and mobi books, but it's doing nothing to azw3 books.
This might be related to your problem:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
... As ixtab said this has nothing to do with FontHack. The issue was libfreetype.so.6.8.1. If you guys update your libfreetype.so.6, you can open those AZW3 files.

Please read my clarification in my last post.

So now, I'll look for a libfreetype.so.6 version that works!
Not activated?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks