Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 03:18 AM   #136
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
Still waiting on my CaseCrown... seems I'm unable to get anything shipped from the US in less than 4 weeks.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #137
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
These cases look funky:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/paul-fr...000-blue-90388
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/paul-fr...1000-red-90389

The're 7.87 in x 5.31 in
Compared to the KT neoprene case on chapters website which is 7" x 5.5"
Could it work?
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #138
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by IxiaAurea View Post
These cases look funky:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/paul-fr...000-blue-90388
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/paul-fr...1000-red-90389

The're 7.87 in x 5.31 in
Compared to the KT neoprene case on chapters website which is 7" x 5.5"
Could it work?
Kobo eReader Touch: 6.5″ x 4.5″ x 0.4″

So should do. Wish US would go metric like the rest of the world though.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #139
remcdonald
Connoisseur
remcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch
Thought I'd drop a note and mention something I saw today at Chapters. They have new cases they look like the book ones with the elastics in large part except for two differences. The first is that they have more of a canvas feel than the old ones and they actually have an elastic on the outside to keep them closes. The second (and more importantly in my opinion) they don't have elastics inside, instead they have some sort of plastic or other hard material formed into two lips that seal the kobo in nice and tight with holes cut appropriately for the power button and the usb cable to slide in. They look nice and they solve many of the problems that I think kept people from liking the original kobo book cover style cases.
remcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #140
Marbles
Zealot
Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.

Device: KoboTouch & Kobo Vox iPad2
Kobo has just come out with an easel type book cover for the Kobo Touch.
Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #141
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@remcdonald: Thanks for sharing - they were mentioned a couple of pages back (including a image from the website). I'd love some hands on experience from someone using one.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #142
anonymoose
bookaholic
anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch, Kobo app on iPhone
I tried out one of the canvas ones from Chapters. The kobo touch fits very snugly in; that thing is not going to move out of the case at all. No problems with access to the bottom button. The power button, on the other hand, will give you some trouble depending on the size of your fingers. If you have small fingers or long nails, you probably will be ok. If you have giant fingers, you will to find the opening to be a little too small.
(http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/ereadi...es&ikwsec=Home)
anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #143
EverC
EverC began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3, Kobo Touch (returned)
I just received my Casecrown case today (ordered it last Monday) and I'm very happy with it.
Thanks to everybody sharing their pics and thoughts about all the different cases available. It really helped me making a decision.
EverC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:53 PM   #144
Charbucks
Charbucks has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles View Post
Kobo has just come out with an easel type book cover for the Kobo Touch.
Do you mean this one?

I had to copy that from Google's cached copy of the page, as it seems to have been taken off the indigo site. Unfortunate really, it looks awesome! Though it does have the elastic corner securing mechanism, so perhaps not as great as the book-style covers.
Charbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:20 PM   #145
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I ordered one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Cove...item256679059b

I'll post back when I get it with a minireview.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:40 PM   #146
molman
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
I ordered one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Cove...item256679059b

I'll post back when I get it with a minireview.
Please do. With photos!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #147
Faxwar
Faxwar began at the beginning.

I ordered a white /silver Gecko case, I will make some pics when I get it.

http://www.geckocovers.com/kobo-touch-p-60.html
Faxwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:55 AM   #148
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I recently bought the Cover up KT case.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cover-Up-Wir.../dp/B003ZW3HHS

It's a faux leather cover, but it looks ok and seems pretty robust.

It's a snug fit and doesn't move about and provides easy access to the power button and home button.

It has a flap that goes over to the back with a sort of magnetic fastener on the back.

It does look like a cheap version of the casecrown but it's quite serviceable.

All in all for the price (I paid £16 including postage) it's good value.

Last edited by danskmacabre; 09-05-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:47 AM   #149
molman
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
I recently bought the Cover up KT case.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cover-Up-Wir.../dp/B003ZW3HHS

It's a faux leather cover, but it looks ok and seems pretty robust.

It's a snug fit and doesn't move about and provides easy access to the power button and home button.

It has a flag that goes over to the back with a sort of magnetic fastener on the back.

It does look like a cheap version of the casecrown but it's quite serviceable.

All in all for the price (I paid £16 including postage) it's good value.
Photos?
Old 09-05-2011, 06:54 AM   #150
danskmacabre
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
Photos?
I'll stick a mini-review up on Youtube some time soon, maybe tonight and post a link here.

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel