Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-14-2019, 10:00 PM   #1951
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have used a line like that when taking support calls in a very informal environment. But, very selectively. It always got a laugh.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #1952
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I don't think I've mentioned lately how much I hate dealing with Windows. There's so many things that only seem to get screwed up on Windows.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #1953
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
I don't think I've mentioned lately how much I hate dealing with Windows. There's so many things that only seem to get screwed up on Windows.
It's user error. My Win10 work well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:47 PM   #1954
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's user error. My Win10 work well.
No it is not. Read my response. And read through the thread for plenty of other reports. Or the other reports scattered through the forums.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:29 PM   #1955
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Apologies if this is answered somewhere in the previous 1954 posts but life is too short sometimes...

I am about to get a new kobo libra. I already have Calbire configured so that when it sees my old kobo aura, it converts epub to kepub on the fly as it copies books to device. , And does not leave kepubs in calibre library.That is done by this plug in I think?
So my question is, with 2 different Kobos in the family, will the plug in treat them both the same or can it/ should it be configured by device.

Also, I recall seeing somewhere here, a list of the best tweaks/patches to use with a new device. Yes there is an ultimate.tricks and tips sticky but that starts at 2010 and goes on forever....I'd rather skip to what's worth knowing now, not what was good to know back then. So I will appreciate any good links, thanks
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2019, 01:47 PM   #1956
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Apologies if this is answered somewhere in the previous 1954 posts but life is too short sometimes...

I am about to get a new kobo libra. I already have Calbire configured so that when it sees my old kobo aura, it converts epub to kepub on the fly as it copies books to device. , And does not leave kepubs in calibre library.That is done by this plug in I think?
So my question is, with 2 different Kobos in the family, will the plug in treat them both the same or can it/ should it be configured by device.

Also, I recall seeing somewhere here, a list of the best tweaks/patches to use with a new device. Yes there is an ultimate.tricks and tips sticky but that starts at 2010 and goes on forever....I'd rather skip to what's worth knowing now, not what was good to know back then. So I will appreciate any good links, thanks
Yes the Kobo Touch Extended Driver is what you want. It works for both ePub and KePub. What else you want is the Kobo Utilities plugin and the Reading List Plugin.

With Kobo Utilities you can keep your Database backed up and you can keep track of where you are in your currently being read eBooks

With the Reading List plugin, you can have custom columns defined to let you know what's on each device. when you plug it in. That way you can keep them in sync if that's what you want to do. It's what I do so if for some reason I corrupted the database, I could restore it and then know which eBooks to put on.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:48 PM   #1957
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No it is not. Read my response. And read through the thread for plenty of other reports. Or the other reports scattered through the forums.
Still doesn't mean it's not user error. I have Win10 on four different computers and they all work
Old 12-19-2019, 09:31 PM   #1958
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Still doesn't mean it's not user error. I have Win10 on four different computers and they all work
So, tell me what the user error was. Even a vague idea of what a user could have done that would have caused a problem that fits the symptoms described.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:54 PM   #1959
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post

Correct.
Quote:
Calibre doesn't generally have configuration for a specific device. For each driver, a single configuration is used for all the devices it handles. If you need to use different configurations for difference Kobo devices, you will need to change the configuration manually between devices.

And for the record, I have looked at adding support for multiple configurations, but, it would have been a reasonable amount of work, and there has been absolutely no demand for it.
Quote:
I don't know of any compiled lists of current tips. My recommendation is to simply use it and work out what you don't like. Then search the forum or ask about it.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:29 PM   #1960
jxall
Enthusiast
jxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Clara HD (patched, 100% kepubs); Calibre 5 (Win10)
I have read somewhere that Kobo Touch Extended can backup and restore the reading status of the ebooks.

How do I achieve this, and does this work for kepubs as well?
jxall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:22 PM   #1961
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's not a function of the driver. I think you're thinking of the Kobo Utilities plugin, and i don't believe it can be made automatic (but davidfor would know best about that).
Old 01-17-2020, 10:12 PM   #1962
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxall View Post
I have read somewhere that Kobo Touch Extended can backup and restore the reading status of the ebooks.

How do I achieve this, and does this work for kepubs as well?
As @jgoguen said, that is part of the Kobo Utilities plugin. It can be set to run each time the device is connected. And it should be able to fetch/restore the status for book types. Though, I don't remember if I have tested all formats.

Last edited by davidfor; 01-18-2020 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:44 AM   #1963
jxall
Enthusiast
jxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Clara HD (patched, 100% kepubs); Calibre 5 (Win10)
My bad, I posted in the wrong section then.

Thanks for clarifying! To enable this feature I have to click Kobo Utilities and tick "Store current bookmarks on connect"?
jxall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:46 PM   #1964
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxall View Post
My bad, I posted in the wrong section then.

Thanks for clarifying! To enable this feature I have to click Kobo Utilities and tick "Store current bookmarks on connect"?
Yes. But, you need to do some configuration, then connect the device, select some books and choose the option.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:41 AM   #1965
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

I have an update ready, but I don't have a working Kobo device to properly test on. So if anyone wants to be brave and install this update manually (see a later post in this thread), let me know if anything breaks for you. I've included all the plugins here, so if you use more than one of them you can try them all out.

This update includes:
  • Python 3 compatibility
  • Logging updates to help debugging

Last edited by jgoguen; 02-23-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Tags
error, kobo aura one