Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-08-2019, 11:15 PM   #91
Jenga5238
Enthusiast
Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle, iPhone
Aww Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
You just missed the sale on AppleTV 4K (50% off $180 = $90 @ AT&T). I reckon that’s probably cheaper than sales on even the previous 1080p 4th gen.

Just replaced my mom’s 3rd gen so she’s happy.
Of course I missed it! That's what I get when work gets crazy! I miss all the good deals!
Jenga5238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:48 AM   #92
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
BUMP

Expires TodayExpires TomorrowExpires LaterThese sales contain doorbuster pricing that may or may not be repeated during BF/CM. So if you see something you want, go ahead and get it. If by some chance the price drops later on and the store won't make a price adjustment, you can always return it and re-purchase it. Return policies are usually extended over the holidays so you should be good. See this post for a listing of return by dates.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-10-2019 at 10:14 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2019, 08:49 AM   #93
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Attention Military -- exp 11 Nov
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
Whoa! Tempting...
I pulled the plug and signed up again. I dropped Prime last year during BF and switched to Hulu because of a $0.99/mo promo. I had Prime primarily for Prime Video. Hulu sucks compared to Prime Video, but a $12 one year Hulu sub beats out a $119 one year Prime sub. Anyway, the Hulu promo is ending in a few weeks, so I had to find another cheap video service and this $79 vet promo came along just in time.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:02 AM   #94
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
I pulled the plug and signed up again. I dropped Prime last year during BF and switched to Hulu because of a $0.99/mo promo. I had Prime primarily for Prime Video. Hulu sucks compared to Prime Video, but a $12 one year Hulu sub beats out a $119 one year Prime sub. Anyway, the Hulu promo is ending in a few weeks, so I had to find another cheap video service and this $79 vet promo came along just in time.
Funny, I did exactly the same. Hard to beat $.99 per month but as that deal is ending it was time for a switch. I certainly agree Hulu with commercials doesn't compare to the full Prime package. What I paid for Prime is less than a buck more per month than Hulu with commercials would cost now. I have to admit I won't miss the commercials. The switch was a no-brainer.

Oh, and thanks very much for that post. I don't know where you dug up that info but I didn't see it anywhere else. Monkey is the deal master
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:33 AM   #95
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
Funny, I did exactly the same. Hard to beat $.99 per month but as that deal is ending it was time for a switch. I certainly agree Hulu with commercials doesn't compare to the full Prime package. What I paid for Prime is less than a buck more per month than Hulu with commercials would cost now. I have to admit I won't miss the commercials. The switch was a no-brainer.
Same here. I can do without the commercials.

Quote:
Oh, and thanks very much for that post. I don't know where you dug up that info but I didn't see it anywhere else. Monkey is the deal master
YW, and I can't reveal my sources or I'll lose my mystique
Advert
Old 11-09-2019, 10:56 AM   #96
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Too bad Amazon never gives us long time Prime members a deal on Prime. The only thing they give us is...well, let's just metaphorically refer to it as our annual prostate exam. But that is the same for any service. Hulu will never give me a holiday special rate because I’m a current subscriber of their Hulu with Live TV service. Bah humbug!
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:33 AM   #97
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
Too bad Amazon never gives us long time Prime members a deal on Prime. The only thing they give us is...well, let's just metaphorically refer to it as our annual prostate exam. But that is the same for any service. Hulu will never give me a holiday special rate because I’m a current subscriber of their Hulu with Live TV service. Bah humbug!
I've had prime for years too and you'd think current members should get some kind of incentive. On the other hand my kids are always ordering stuff from amazon so the "free" shipping probably pays for the "annual" prime membership fee.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:28 PM   #98
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
I've had prime for years too and you'd think current members should get some kind of incentive. On the other hand my kids are always ordering stuff from amazon so the "free" shipping probably pays for the "annual" prime membership fee.
I hear ya, it's pretty much SOP for Amazon. But in this case, the promo is tied into Veterans Day and current Prime members who are military (active, reserves, retired, veterans) are eligible for this promo.

Maybe Amazon will offer up a promo during BF/CM for civilians?
Old 11-09-2019, 05:38 PM   #99
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
I hear ya, it's pretty much SOP for Amazon. But in this case, the promo is tied into Veterans Day and current Prime members who are military (active, reserves, retired, veterans) are eligible for this promo.

I doubt it. They never have in the past and I think I’ve been a Prime Member for a decade or more. Non-Prime folks get the deals, we get the SOS.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:10 PM   #100
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Black Friday --> ad scan
  • PreBF -- Fri 22 Nov @ 12am PT
  • T-Day -- Th 28 Nov @ 12am ET -- one-time only daily deals
  • Blk Fr -- Fri 29 Nov @ 12am ET -- one-time only daily deals
  • Cyber -- Mo 02 Dec @ 12am ET -- one-time only daily deals

Amazon Black Friday Plans Revealed!
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    We have been faithfully waiting for Amazon to make a move, and they just announced all of the details of their Black Friday Deals week. This event will begin this Friday, November 22nd and run through Black Friday.

With a full week of Black Friday deals, Amazon will be releasing multiple deals a day at amazon.com/blackfriday totaling thousands of deals across every category you can imagine. This year, they announced customers can also shop at smile.amazon.com/blackfriday for the same great Amazon shopping experience, but additionally, AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the purchase price of eligible products to a charity of your choice.

Don't forget that Prime members will be allowed early access to select deals as stated in a press release earlier this year, and as always, one day shipping!

more...
Amazon’s Black Friday Deals Week is Almost Here
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Kicking off this Friday, November 22, Amazon’s Black Friday deals week will offer new deals all day, every day from fashion to toys, home, electronics, Amazon Devices and more

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 18, 2019-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon today shared a sneak peek of top deals for its Black Friday deals week, which will offer customers new deals all day, every day totaling thousands of amazing deals across every category, plus more Deals of the Day and deeper discounts than ever before. Starting this Friday, November 22 through November 29 (Black Friday), customers can shop thousands of incredible deals on this year’s most popular gifts, new and trending finds, holiday essentials, and more, across toys, electronics, fashion, beauty, kitchen, home, Amazon Devices and more. All of Amazon’s Black Friday deals can be found by visiting amazon.com/blackfriday or on the Amazon App. Customers can also shop on smile.amazon.com/blackfriday to find the same amazing deals and Amazon shopping experience, with the added bonus that AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the purchase price of eligible products to a charity of your choice.

On top of the wide selection of deals and discounts available throughout Amazon’s week of Black Friday deals, customers can also take advantage of select one-time-only, amazing deals from top-tier and most-loved brands across electronics, home, fashion, toys and more, all at jaw-dropping prices. These deals are expected to sell out, with new one-time only deals launching throughout the day on November 28 (Thanksgiving), November 29 (Black Friday) and December 2 (Cyber Monday).

[see rest of press release for a listing of Black Friday deals]
Discount Programs -- save additional money by using these offers
Amazon Memberships
Cyber Monday Sale -- Mo 02 Dec -- prices in red

Fire Tablets -- 20% Trade-In -- starts Fri 22 Nov
Kindle eReaders -- 25% Trade-In -- $5 eBook Credit | 3mo Kin Unlim
Echo Media Players -- 25% Trade-In -- starts Th 28 Nov
Fire TV Media Players -- 20% Trade-In -- starts
  • SALE -- ad scan --
  • SALE -- ad scan --

Smartphones
  • SALE -- ad scan --
  • SALE -- ad scan --

Computers --> see ad for full listing
  • SALE -- ad scan --
  • SALE -- ad scan --

Digital Storage
  • SALE -- mSD Flash Cards
  • SALE -- USB Flash Drives
  • SALE -- Ext Hard Drives
  • SALE -- Int Hard Drives
  • SALE -- Solid-State Drives

Accessories.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-28-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:00 PM   #101
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
<snip>
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:32 AM   #102
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'd like to get a small, cheap tablet to use on unsecured public WiFi with no Amazon or Google account credentials on board. Would buying a Fire 7 and de-register it from my account be the best way to go? (there are some used ones on eBay but with shipping they're almost as much as Amazon's $30 BF price).

Thanks - I would have asked in the tablets thread but it's closed for now...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #103
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I'll never give up my Amazon Prime membership. it is less than $10.00 a month, and I'm always able to find what I need there and get it usually within 2 days w/o shipping charges which is what drives up the cost of everything. Amazon ROCKS!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #104
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I'd like to get a small, cheap tablet to use on unsecured public WiFi with no Amazon or Google account credentials on board. Would buying a Fire 7 and de-register it from my account be the best way to go? (there are some used ones on eBay but with shipping they're almost as much as Amazon's $30 BF price).

Thanks - I would have asked in the tablets thread but it's closed for now...
I'll add you to the Wish List. I have no idea if de-registering will accomplish what you want. Maybe someone else knows.

Every year, the Tablets thread becomes the Black Friday thread during Nov and Dec. It'll re-open in Jan. It's easier for me to keep the threads separate.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:57 AM   #105
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

BUMP

Expires TodayExpires Tomorrow
  • Military -------- ad scan -- details -- 03~11 Nov (10% Target military discount)
  • Prime ---------- ad scan -- details -- 06~11 Nov (1 yr Amz Prime Military)
Expires LaterThese sales contain doorbuster pricing that may or may not be repeated during BF/CM. So if you see something you want, go ahead and get it. If by some chance the price drops later on and the store won't make a price adjustment, you can always return it and re-purchase it. Return policies are usually extended over the holidays so you should be good. See this post for a listing of return by dates.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-10-2019 at 10:13 PM.