Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
Dasha
Connoisseur
Dasha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Remove unwantedPagesat start of Books in Calibre Tweek Books

Just a Question please guys? I wasn’t going to pursue this, but I will give it a fly.

I am trying to Remove some unwanted Pages from a Book (Epub) Converted to "my style" Via Calibre, To read on my Galaxy Tab 2.07 - 3110 - (I Read in Landscape View)
An Example: I have Identified Pages 02, ---> up-to Page 07 & Pages 10 --> 25 I wish to remove

Page 01 is the “Cover Page” but Page 02 is another ‘Cover Page’, the others are Dedications, Copy-writes and “Other Books By Same author” (1) listed per Page, making it about 20 pages before I get to the first Paragraph?

How do I Identify which Pages they are in the Calibre "Tweek Book" App and how do I Remove them?
Note Apparently Sigil is no longer Available” It’s download Links don’t work and the poor guy has given up thru lack of support

I hoped I could just do it in “Tweek Books” in Calibre? Any Help Appr Cheers Dasha
Dasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sigil is STILL available and working! Downloads at https://code.google.com/p/sigil/downloads/list
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You wish to EDIT a EPUB

Sigil
via the Open With PI for the ultimate in convenience
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasha View Post
Note Apparently Sigil is no longer Available” It’s download Links don’t work and the poor guy has given up thru lack of support
Use Sigil, "the guy" hasn't given up he is simply only going to manage the project. This does mean that Sigil development may be at a standstill for the foreseeable future but it still works great for standard epub 2 books.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
Dasha
Connoisseur
Dasha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Oh I am sorry Guy's I miss read that I tried 2 Download Links after I read the article and assumed incorrectly? I wish him well for the Future and thanks for all his efforts, and thank you all for yours. How do I find the Page Numbers in Sigil? I want to remove is it just a matter of selecting them and deleting them Cheers Guys Dasha
Dasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasha View Post
Oh I am sorry Guy's I miss read that I tried 2 Download Links after I read the article and assumed incorrectly? I wish him well for the Future and thanks for all his efforts, and thank you all for yours. How do I find the Page Numbers in Sigil? I want to remove is it just a matter of selecting them and deleting them Cheers Guys Dasha
Visually (at least for the first one of a kind). Set the cursor and switch to Code Viey
Work in Code view once you have located the item.
Select the Page number INCLUDE the tags (assumes Page numbers are not mixed into the paragraph). Click the Search icon
(Assumes REGEX mode used)
in Search Right-click: Tokenize
in Replace <blank>
In the Body Click the cussor someplace above the first Page #
Click the Find button: Successfully Found?
Click Replace: Replace went well? (Undo will work here)
Click Find:
Click Replace/Next
or if you are brave, Replace all (Undo does NOT work for this, only Discarding the edit and loading the book again.
Save after each Milestone

Repeat for each Page pattern found
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote