Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-09-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Google Play $5 off any book

Receive $5 off any book priced at $5.01 and above. Works on the Big 5 titles also.

https://play.google.com/store/books
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:34 PM   #2
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Receive $5 off any book priced at $5.01 and above. Works on the Big 5 titles also.

Gr8 find!
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2016, 09:55 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
No deal for me. Unfortunately like all Google Play offers some get certain ones and others don't, they're very often a YMMV thing. Hope most of you get it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:14 PM   #4
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:

What are we supposed to see, a banner announcing $5 off any book over $5? Like AnemicOak, I didn't see anything like that on multiple browsers on my Linux desktop, nor my android phone.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:19 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Yeah, usually when you're eligible for any offers on GP they'll appear as banners in the specific store sections.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2016, 11:55 PM   #6
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No banners for me.

I'm not going to spend hours looking over their selection, trying to find them, just to save $5.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:55 AM   #7
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I see an ad just above the 99c rentals. Since I've purchased from Google before I thought it was open to others.

Sorry for the confusion.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:59 AM   #8
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I see an ad just above the 99c rentals. Since I've purchased from Google before I thought it was open to others.

Sorry for the confusion.
I've purchased from Google Play before, too. However, I haven't bought any books from them lately. It's been exclusively music.

Thanks for your post, anyway. You were trying to help us out.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:22 AM   #9
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
I didn't get that offer, but they sent me an E-mail with a link to click to get $1 in Google Play credit for free. Has to be used by December 31st, but it applies to your Google Play balance and can be used on anything: books, music, videos, apps, in-app purchases, etc.

If you haven't signed up for their newsletters, it's worth turning that on because they occasionally send out freebie offers. If you aren't getting the newsletters, they won't send you the freebie offers.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 01:29 AM   #10
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I didn't get that offer, but they sent me an E-mail with a link to click to get $1 in Google Play credit for free. Has to be used by December 31st, but it applies to your Google Play balance and can be used on anything: books, music, videos, apps, in-app purchases, etc.

If you haven't signed up for their newsletters, it's worth turning that on because they occasionally send out freebie offers. If you aren't getting the newsletters, they won't send you the freebie offers.
I got that one, too. Didn't notice the expiration date. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Probably 5 or 6 years ago now, I got a $10 credit from Google Play somehow. It had no expiration date. I wasn't buying as much then as I am now (I don't even buy much now), and when I bought something it was always a super bargain (like a 99 cent album). It literally took years for me to spend it all!
Old 12-10-2016, 02:06 AM   #11
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:

Sorry for the confusion.
That's fine, there may be others who are seeing the banner too. I didn't know if it was a banner or just something that showed up in the checkout process.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:32 AM   #12
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Has anyone apart from Fbone been able to get this deal? Could it be only in your region, Fbone? I'm not sure if you are in the US or elsewhere.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 03:41 AM   #13
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I have three Google accounts -- the $5 off offer was available on one of them. I have no idea why that one account was picked.

I'm in the US.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:30 AM   #14
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I have three Google accounts -- the $5 off offer was available on one of them. I have no idea why that one account was picked.

I'm in the US.
Thanks. Google works in mysterious ways!
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:53 AM   #15
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
I decided to check more accounts and the deal is showing up on some of them. So I tried looking to find something suitable in science fiction...

That is one hideous interface. I can't narrow it down by price at all. I can select science fiction and fantasy and it gives me a list of sub-genres. Which seem partly random (there's Nebula award winners, not one for Hugo award winners, but a whole sub-genre for Warcraft?) and none of which show me more than a hundred books before stopping. (In fact, most only show me about twenty books.) Based on what I can get the store to show me from browsing, I would say Google sells a couple hundred science fiction and fantasy books total. I know that's incorrect, but it appears the only way to find books on Google Play is to already know what you want and search for it.

I gave up, Google can keep their discount.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote