Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-20-2022, 04:37 PM   #43351
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
When going to the Efteling when my sister was still, most of the time, in a pushchair my mother would push it. My father would pull the pushchair (which is more of a pull chair) with all the bags and coats. When my sister didn't need a pushchair anymore my father would still pull all the luggage, unless he was going on a ride with us then my mother would take go sit somewhere with the pushchair with our things on it.

The idea of using ziplock baggies is great. We have some bigger ones we use in the store so I'll pinch a couple of those today.

The temperature prediction for Monday is slightly better, 23/24C, than it was, 27/28C. Hopefully it'll drop a couple of degrees more.
Yesterday's high here in Texas was 42.2 Celsius. Right now it's 41.5 C at 3:35 PM local.

23 C is room temp here (under air conditioning).
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 05:58 PM   #43352
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anos View Post
Yesterday's high here in Texas was 42.2 Celsius. Right now it's 41.5 C at 3:35 PM local.

23 C is room temp here (under air conditioning).
If you can get 73.5F, brother, you have one hell of an air-conditioner. If I tried to run my house down to 75, even, my A/C--which is a Trane and all that--would be working its little condensing buns off. The usual theory of cooling is 30 degrees (F) is the limit and for us, that's 80-82, this time of year.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:09 PM   #43353
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Listening to an audiobook (Blood World - Undying Mercenaries by B V Larsen) while trying to declutter my area near my chair. Always accumulating stuff.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:43 AM   #43354
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Copying a 1TB SSD to a replacement 4TB SSD. It's a toss-up between watching paint dry, watching your toenails grow and watching the progress bar slowly move towards completion for sheer thrills.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:28 AM   #43355
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
On Sunday my sister and I are going to finally book our vacation, two weeks in September.

We're staying in the Netherlands, and we want to stay in a Landal vacation park. So far our two main criteria are that we want to have a washing machine and dryer in our cottage and my sister wants to be able to park the car at the cottage. I've already made a list of links to all the Landal cottages offering this.

In addition to this I would like the park to have a supermarket or at least a breakfast service where you can order bread that can be picked up in the morning. Plus the park needs to be in an area where you can quickly get to somewhere you can go on hikes and near a town where you can go shopping and out to dinner if we want to.

Tonight I'm going through that list and make my own shortlist. I also sent the list to my sister, not sure if she will use it.

I'm really looking forward to it. After this past year I need two weeks off, not being sick, not having to take care of the store or my parents and just do whatever we feel like doing.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 02:34 AM   #43356
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
On Sunday my sister and I are going to finally book our vacation, two weeks in September.

Tonight I'm going through that list and make my own shortlist. I also sent the list to my sister, not sure if she will use it.
And I didn't need to do that. Yesterday afternoon my sister send me her top five of parks she liked (not ranked). They were all parks I also had on my list that I wanted to have a more in depth look at. So that saved me some time. Especially since she also listed the pros and cons (in her eyes), whether or not there is a shop/supermarket on the park, the nearest non on park supermarket, things to do in the area and if you can rent (e)bikes.

So today I'm going to take a closer look at those parks myself and rank them. One doesn't have an on park store or supermarket so that one will probably be last and the one with the "water cottages" I love so that one will probably be first on my list.

It also means it's now time to start to think about anything I want/need to buy for that vacation, which films and series both my sister and I want to watch and which books I want to read during those weeks.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:10 AM   #43357
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

As a thank you for all the things I've done lately my parents gave me GPS for my bicycle. I'm now updating the firmware and maps. I've already downloaded a couple of routes. Tomorrow the weather should be good enough to try one of the routes.

It can also be used for walks/runs, so it'll be useful when my sister and I are going out for a walk too.
Old 08-04-2022, 02:18 PM   #43358
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Back from a family reunion on Vancouver Island. Nice to see the siblings, niblings and grand-niblings.
Old 08-05-2022, 03:56 AM   #43359
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Just done a mini-shop for a few vital food items, and plan to do very little for the rest of the day!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 04:24 PM   #43360
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Today I tried out the "Surprise Me!" option on my bicycle GPS. You can either enter a distance you want to cycle or how long you want to cycle. It then calculates three random routes of approximately that length in time or distance. I chose the longest of the three.

At one point I cycled through the street where my grandmother (mother's side) used live in a senior apartment, then it send me through the street and past the house where my aunt and uncle (mother's sister) used to live. The I was directed past the street friends used to live in 12 years ago, where I used to house/dog/cat sit. And finally I cycled past the street where not only my sister is currently living, but where my grandmother moved to from her apartment to a care home where she lived until she died.

How can this happen?! It isn't as if I live in a small town. Granted, it's in three neighbourhoods close together, but I didn't look at the map to see where each rout would take me (there were three very different directions), I just chose the longest one.

I'm happy with my GPS, the only problem is it has a reflective screen, which isn't a good idea for a bicycle GPS, so I need to get a anti reflective/glare screen protector.

I did cycle just over 19km, which is the longest cycle trip I've done in years. So I'm now tired and a bit saddle sore. It'll be an early night for me.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:44 PM   #43361
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Today I tried out the "Surprise Me!" option on my bicycle GPS. You can either enter a distance you want to cycle or how long you want to cycle. It then calculates three random routes of approximately that length in time or distance. I chose the longest of the three.

At one point I cycled through the street where my grandmother (mother's side) used live in a senior apartment, then it send me through the street and past the house where my aunt and uncle (mother's sister) used to live. The I was directed past the street friends used to live in 12 years ago, where I used to house/dog/cat sit. And finally I cycled past the street where not only my sister is currently living, but where my grandmother moved to from her apartment to a care home where she lived until she died.

How can this happen?! It isn't as if I live in a small town. Granted, it's in three neighbourhoods close together, but I didn't look at the map to see where each rout would take me (there were three very different directions), I just chose the longest one.
Is Google remotely involved with that GPS? Or any browser of any kind?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 02:26 AM   #43362
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Is Google remotely involved with that GPS? Or any browser of any kind?

Hitch
Nope, and I haven't entered any addresses yet besides my home address.
Old 08-18-2022, 03:21 PM   #43363
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Resting my brain after an informative webinar
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 03:53 PM   #43364
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Enjoying the quiet for as long as it lasts.

The Vuelta (Spanish cycle tour) started today in Utrecht (first city to host the start of all three major tours). There's been a lot of helicopters each day from late afternoon until mid evening. Yesterday and today for the Vuelta, on Thursday for a shooting in a park. Tonight I was fed up with the helicopter noises, so I diamond painted for a couple of hours whilst listening to the Archive 81 podcast.

I had expected it to be noisier tonight, after today's stage was finished. There's an event on a nearby square, and usually I can hear those loud and clear. But it's fairly quiet right now.

I'm now going to get some ice cream and watch some YouTube before going to bed.
Old 08-19-2022, 05:24 PM   #43365
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Watching Canada-Czechia in the World Junior semi-finals.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?