Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
eugenio11
eugenio11 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Big font size

Hello,
I'm trying to convert to the epub format an HTML document created using openoffice, following the guide proposed here: http://calibre-ebook.com/help.

After a lot of tries it seems that things are starting to work but I still have a problem. I have some text that has central alignment and whose font size is very very big: 80pt (I create a specific style for this and applied to the text). If I open the resulting epub with Adobe Digital Editions the font size of that text is bigger respect to the normal but absolutely not enough. The alignment is correct. Why?

Thanks.

Eugenio
eugenio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Try changing the upper value in the 'Font size key' on the Calibre [Convert] - [Look & Feel] page
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2010, 04:27 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenio11 View Post
Hello,
I'm trying to convert to the epub format an HTML document created using openoffice, following the guide proposed here: http://calibre-ebook.com/help.

After a lot of tries it seems that things are starting to work but I still have a problem. I have some text that has central alignment and whose font size is very very big: 80pt (I create a specific style for this and applied to the text). If I open the resulting epub with Adobe Digital Editions the font size of that text is bigger respect to the normal but absolutely not enough. The alignment is correct. Why?
You might want to try the Writer2epub extension (download via the 1st link under the Spanish description, the other link is broke) from Luke. He has a thread on this extension here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
eugenio11
eugenio11 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for your replies...
I'm becoming mad...I did several tries adding 60 in Font size key but it works just in one of the file I created for test, I really don't understand why.
I also tried to create a new page wit OOo, save in HTML, just added three lines, the first 60pt the second 22pt and the last no formatting (12 pt)...the conversion seems to work because the first line is relatively bigger than the second and so on but all the text is extremely small (in absolute), even trying to change the font base.

I also tried the OOo extension but it doesn't work properly...doesn't take into consideration the big font text format.
eugenio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Have you tried using the Wizard feature (Magic Wand button) for 'Font size key' on the Calibre [Convert] - [Look & Feel] page.

For each of the known font-sizes in your HTML the Wizard should tell you what font-size Calibre will convert to in the epub.

If you want to attach a zipped sample of your source HTML I am happy to have a look if you like.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert