Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-16-2021, 10:22 AM   #1
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Pocketbook Color (633) loses TOC on epubs that work on Touch Lux 4

I am looking for suggestions.

I bought a new Pocketbook Color, and have updated the firmware to the latest release. I have epubs that have a functional TOC on my Pocketbook Touch Lux 4, btu don't have a working one on the Color.

Exactly the same file, on an external chip. Furthermore images no longer show where they do on the Lux 4.

Anybody have any ideas?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:05 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Would you provide more details? Firmware version? Are you talking about the TOC you get when you press the Menu button and then press the TOC icon? And which images no longer show where they used to? In the epubs when reading them, or in the Library or Main menu?

When I try the "Open with..." menu, I get two ereader programs; one for EPUB2 and one for EPUB3. My firmware is U633.6.1.1238. Might it be that you are using the wrong one for the epub you are viewing?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2021, 12:29 PM   #3
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am using the same firmware build as you are.

I open an ebook, and touch the TOC at the top left. I get a list of chapters, all of which point to 0, none of which work.

As to the picture problem. I have embedded images in the text.

On the Lux 4:

text
text
blank line
text image description
Blank line
text
text

Same block on Color:

text
text

blank lines

Text image description
Blank line
text (1 to several lines)
page break
Blank lines
blank lines
Text resumes/

This is a consistent pattern on color.

Why the color behaves differently, I don't know, and I don't know how to "work around" the problem. I'm building hobby society ebooks of back issues.

How do I get to the reader choice. I can't seem to find it in the menus.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:46 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anos View Post
How do I get to the reader choice. I can't seem to find it in the menus.
Do a long press on the ebook icon. A menu should pop up, including an "Open with" item. Select that item to get a list of the possible programs to read the ebook with. Perhaps you need the EPUB2 reader program for the books you are making?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:06 PM   #5
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Do a long press on the ebook icon. A menu should pop up, including an "Open with" item. Select that item to get a list of the possible programs to read the ebook with. Perhaps you need the EPUB2 reader program for the books you are making?
It makes no difference, both behave the same way.

Must be something different in the new reader software.
Advert
Old 07-17-2021, 03:57 AM   #6
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anos View Post
I'm building hobby society ebooks of back issues.
So the 'problematic' epubs are self-produced?
The TOC specs have changed over epub versions, which could be the source.

Does the issue also occur with generic epubs (say, Gutenberg's Aesop Fables)?
wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:41 AM   #7
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

I tried some PG books. Some with images worked, some didn't.