Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-19-2015, 07:09 AM   #1
Mihasi
Mihasi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Pocketbook Touch Lux 2 (626) text selection issue

I recently got a Pocketbook Touch Lux 2 to replace my Sony PRS-T1 and I'm really happy with my choice so far. However, I'm having one issue that is extremely annoying: it's nearly impossible to select text blocks, especially at smaller font sizes (27-30).

I select the first word by long-pressing, then start dragging the right cursor. Whenever I try to select multiple lines, the left cursor jumps a couple of words forward for no apparent reason. When I then try to correct it and drag it back to the beginning of first word, the right cursor also moves a random number of words back. If, after several attempts, I manage to get both cursors where I want them, some words at the start or the end of the selected block are often not underlined and will not be highlighted.

Upgrading or flashing firmware versions (4.4 -> 5.2 -> 5.5) doesn't change anything. The touchscreen works perfectly otherwise, it's just the text selection that's buggy.

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?
Mihasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:45 PM   #2
MagNet
MagNet began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 626 Touch Lux 3
Hi, also experiencing some text selection problems on a Touch Lux 3 (The device should be the same except for the screen). Tapping and holding over the last word in a line often selects quite a few words from the next line in both EPUB and PDFs with reflow.

No workarounds except trying different font sizes as far as I see. It's up to PocketBook to fix this I'd say.
MagNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2015, 04:18 AM   #3
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
Jumping in here to understand something: What does reflow mean?

Just got my own pocketbook 626 and I dont seem to have this issue (as yet). Just updated to the latest software update.

Quote:
OS Version: W626.5.9.275
Release Date:20150805_135119
you were using the 5.5 software update right? Does your problem still exist?
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #4
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I have a button configured to open the Notes menu in a book. So whenever I want to highlight something I press the button and wait for the Notes menu to appear. Then it's much easier to select text.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:56 AM   #5
Mihasi
Mihasi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymust View Post
Jumping in here to understand something: What does reflow mean?
Usually, when you open a PDF on your e-reader it will act like an image: you'll need to zoom in on the text and drag the document around to be able to read it properly. Text reflow means that the e-reader will try to extract the text from your PDF (automatically detecting paragraphs and such) and format it as if it were a regular ebook. This makes it easier to read and annotate text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymust View Post
you were using the 5.5 software update right? Does your problem still exist?
Yes, I tried tree different firmware versions, the last of which was 5.5. In my case, however, the problem was apparent from the beginning. Maybe you got lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne
So whenever I want to highlight something I press the button and wait for the Notes menu to appear. Then it's much easier to select text.
Thanks for the tip! I'll try this when I get home tonight.

Edit - Sorry, I completely forgot about this post. You're absolutely right, this is a great workaround. Thanks again.

Last edited by Mihasi; 12-03-2015 at 07:30 AM.
Mihasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert