Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 11:42 AM   #1
aylesim
aylesim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Nia
I need a Kobo Nia SD image

Hi everybody!
I just wiped my Kobo Nia internal sd card because i'm an idiot.
I can't find an image anywhere, could please somebody send me one? Thanks. fml
Old 09-17-2020, 11:55 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
So just to confirm; you removed the SD card from the device, connected it to a PC and reformatted it?
Advert
Old 09-17-2020, 11:58 AM   #3
aylesim

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
So just to confirm; you removed the SD card from the device, connected it to a PC and reformatted it?
Yes...
Old 09-17-2020, 12:52 PM   #4
astoriedsoul
Enthusiast
astoriedsoul began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Arc 7, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aylesim View Post
Yes...
Why?

I haven't seen an IMG for this device, probably because it's still new. You've also voided your warranty, so if there was something else wrong with the device, that option flew out the window.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:03 PM   #5
aylesim

Quote:
Originally Posted by astoriedsoul View Post
Why?

I haven't seen an IMG for this device, probably because it's still new. You've also voided your warranty, so if there was something else wrong with the device, that option flew out the window.
I was trying to repartition the storage in order to free up the 8gb that are not used. Instead, i deleted everything from the SD
Advert
Old 09-17-2020, 05:17 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You should have set the write protect tab, made an image and then gotten another SD card to write the image to.

Looks like the only solution you have is to do the above with a Nia that you'll have to purchase.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:47 PM   #7
aylesim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You should have set the write protect tab, made an image and then gotten another SD card to write the image to.

Looks like the only solution you have is to do the above with a Nia that you'll have to purchase.
Maybe someone that already bought one could help me...
Old 09-17-2020, 10:51 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@aylesim: Sorry, I haven't seen an image created for a Nia yet. Hopefully someone who has a Nia will be willing to create an image for you.

And for the record, there is a method to expand the books partition to the full size of the card that is safe and can be done without taking the card out of the device.
Old 09-18-2020, 04:38 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For now, you'll have to buy a new Nia to fix your existing Nia.
Old 09-18-2020, 05:14 AM   #10
aylesim

Quote:
For now, you'll have to buy a new Nia to fix your existing Nia.
I’ll wait for someone who kindly will make an image for me.

I can’t buy another one right now i’ll wait!
Old 09-18-2020, 05:37 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylesim View Post
I’ll wait for someone who kindly will make an image for me.

I can’t buy another one right now i’ll wait!
Then you'll be waiting a rather long time. Unless the price is lower enough then the Clara HD ($20 is not lower enough), I cannot see it selling all that well against the Clara HD. Also, someone has to be willing to open the case and clone the card. So you need two things to happen that are not likely to happen any time soon.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-18-2020 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-18-2020, 05:38 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@aylesim: Sorry, I haven't seen an image created for a Nia yet. Hopefully someone who has a Nia will be willing to create an image for you.

And for the record, there is a method to expand the books partition to the full size of the card that is safe and can be done without taking the card out of the device.
What is the method for expanding the storage space on the SD card?
Old 09-18-2020, 05:53 AM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
What is the method for expanding the storage space on the SD card?
With the Magic Memory Upgrade Mod.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:16 PM   #14
astoriedsoul
Enthusiast
astoriedsoul began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Arc 7, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This little tid bit just made my week. I know what I'm doing this weekend.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:42 AM   #15
tomeggleston
tomeggleston began at the beginning.

Did you manage to get an image for the Nia? Needing one myself
Closed Thread

Tags
nia